Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Rear end cleaned up-pics  (Read 12650 times)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Rear end cleaned up-pics
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »

Didn't happen to see out there any sort of "cap" for that small hole for the solo bolt?  I have this nice fender and a hole in it,or a large bolt sticking out of it, depending on how you want to look at it.
Look at the under-side of the passenger pillion...there's a nice little chrome button there....just for this exact purpose.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Blackhawk

• How do you clear your mind between meetings: wind in my face at 60mph and a rumble between my legs.

• CVO1: 2012 Softail Convertable
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »

Thanks Dayne, however there was nothing on the underside.  Maybe the 2012 cvo softails didn't get that upgrade.  I did put out a post on the CVO Softail's section.  We will see what comes up, otherwise I see some machine work in my future.

The plate mod does look great.

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 07:49:05 PM »

Did you take a look under passenger seat pad once it is off ? That's where the street Glide button is ;-)

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »

Did you take a look under passenger seat pad once it is off ? That's where the street Glide button is ;-)
Yes, there's one under the breakout seat as well.  I am also thinking of getting those fender strips that were on my 2011 CVO Convertible.  Might look good to break up that wide swath of (for me) molten silver . . .
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »

Yes, there's one under the breakout seat as well.  I am also thinking of getting those fender strips that were on my 2011 CVO Convertible.  Might look good to break up that wide swath of (for me) molten silver . . .
Here's another pic of those fender strips.  Think it would look good on the Breakout?
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

You could be on to something with the fender strips speedy . Post some picks if you go ahead and do it  8)

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 05:07:09 AM »

Hi Greg,

Actually, the left blinker would have been further from the fender then the right blinker with the stock plate mount on, correct?  All they did was remove the plate mount which was between the left blinker and the left strut.  Now the distance from the left blinker to the left strut and the distances from the right blinker to the right strut are identical....Not sure if I am missing something?

Actually, there is no spacer that I can see between either blinker and where they mount onto the struts...

That's confusing to me too.  I don't see how you can make the two tail lights equidistant to the fender.  I'm going to order another right side tail light and install it on the left.   I'm also looking to use the vertical license plate that mounts onto the axel instead of the swing arm.  This way I may be able to add a swing arm bag at back of the plate.  I'm not into baggers but i must admit that storage for the little things like polishing cloths, wheel locks etc. sure comes in handy!  Pics to follow when I'm done.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 07:29:01 AM »

That's confusing to me too.  I don't see how you can make the two tail lights equidistant to the fender.  I'm going to order another right side tail light and install it on the left.   I'm also looking to use the vertical license plate that mounts onto the axel instead of the swing arm.  This way I may be able to add a swing arm bag at back of the plate.  I'm not into baggers but i must admit that storage for the little things like polishing cloths, wheel locks etc. sure comes in handy!  Pics to follow when I'm done.

hmmm.  well, I just measured the distance from the fender to the outside edge of the right blinker and it's exactly 4".  I did the same with the left fender and it's exactly 4".  That's with the Harley OEM plate bracket removed.  Not sure what to tell you.  either the left blinker is further away from the left fender when the OEM plate bracket is in place, or they somehow fitted the left blinker stalk to be closer to the fender after they removed the plate bracket.   Heck, maybe they had a right blinker laying around and put it on the left side...

I'm not sure.  I just know both blinkers are the same distance from the fender now...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.