Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Billy Lane hits a rider with his pick-up.  (Read 24037 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Billy Lane hits a rider with his pick-up.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 12:09:04 PM »

That part troubled me too.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 12:11:22 PM »

Nicely put Brian

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »

2 comments....
one from the LE side of the house...it is not uncommon for a situation like this to not make a decision about booking the suspect until later; in all honesty they probably have not completed the detailed investigation that goes witha fatal traffic accident yet...  i saw a report saturday finally completed on a simple fatal that took about a month to complete.  Until the investigation is complete, no final thoughts on what to charge exist yet ( possibly).  If the suspect was obviously DUI, it might be handled differently ( I cant and wont speak for FL cops).  My gut: MR Lane didnt get special treatment, and if charges are filed he will get treated like everyone else.

My other comment...  about 2 years  ago I had opportunity to walk into Billy Lanes shop in Melbourne with a group of filthy, dirty;tired Soldiers who wanted to but a T-shirt.  It was closing time, and they unlocked the door,let our group in and ddnt rush them in the slightest.  after about 10 minutes, Billy came out and spent time taling to the Soldiers and encouraging them to sit on his expensive custom bikes and "get a feel for them".  He was as down to earth and humble as anyone I have met and would have sat there all night.  It was apretty neat moment for these young troops and one they wont soon forget.

This is a horrible, stupid "accident" { we dont use that term anymore here, they are "Traffic Crashes" }.  My heart goes out to all involved.  nothing can change what happened; but it is made any better or worse by the fact that "celebrity" is involved.  All we can do is all learn from this and all make smart decisions on 2 wheels or 4.
In the end, the system will run its course, and the outcome may or may not be fair.  

johnlee

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 12:57:27 PM »

Here we go........Did the victim have a street legal machine, was he too small to see........ gee whiz Billy is a great guy..... Hey man he just killed someone and it could have been you. Why do you think there are double yellow lines and "no passing" zones? When you are driving up a grade and can't see over the hill I'll bet you hope some dummy isn't passing. Sorry man it isn't the point of a Billy Lane doing this. The point is it was done and some poor victim suffered. I don't care nothing about the celebrity status.

RedFXR2

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »

Follow-up article, with commentary from a witness (driver of one of the cars Lane was passing) and the victim's family.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060906/BREAKINGNEWS/60906018

Question for anybody that might know:  Why would a blood alcohol test take eight weeks to run?

RedFXR2

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 02:26:13 PM »

Another news article:

http://www.wftv.com/news/9792681/detail.html

Florida State Troopers believe Lane was "impaired" (alcohol) at the time of the accident.  Won't be official unitl the BAT results come back from the lab.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »

Follow-up article, with commentary from a witness (driver of one of the cars Lane was passing) and the victim's family.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060906/BREAKINGNEWS/60906018

Question for anybody that might know:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 03:27:32 PM by cuthbertss »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »

Here we go........Did the victim have a street legal machine, was he too small to see........ gee whiz Billy is a great guy..... Hey man he just killed someone and it could have been you. Why do you think there are double yellow lines and "no passing" zones? When you are driving up a grade and can't see over the hill I'll bet you hope some dummy isn't passing. Sorry man it isn't the point of a Billy Lane doing this. The point is it was done and some poor victim suffered. I don't care nothing about the celebrity status.
if this was directed at my post, i guess i should have been more clear.... the comments on how scenes are processed are in no way shape or form related to the comments of how the guy interacted with my Soldiers nor do they make excuses for anyone or blame the victim.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 03:20:56 PM by cuthbertss »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 03:28:32 PM »

Scott...I was probably wrong in my comment about his Drinking that happened a couple of years ago.  The same could be said about other's "Character Witness" comments that are positive...in the end, they are irrelavant to the facts in the case and give the appearance of defending or accusing someone before the facts are laid out regarding this incident where a rider was killed.

/Bill

if this was directed at my post, i guess i should have been more clear.... the comments on how scenes are processed are in no way shape or form related to the comments of how the guy interacted with my Soldiers nor do they make excuses for anyone or blame the victim.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 03:30:44 PM »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 03:52:18 PM »

Scott...I was probably wrong in my comment about his Drinking that happened a couple of years ago.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 04:08:19 PM »

What a sad state of events.  :'( Highly intelligent, Engineer by Degree, Fame and Fortune.  All that don't matter to Booze.  It's no respector of any of those things.  Booze is a depressant.  This means it depresses, or pushes down, the part of our Brain which contains our emotions.  With emotions depressed, our inhibitions are released, thus, we embark upon activities we normally exclude ourselves from.  Unfortunately, one of these activities includes the high-speed operation of whatever kind of motor vehicle, of which we are in control, at the time.  All others excluded, it is an idiot, who gets behind the wheel of any motor-driven vehicle, under the influence of alcohol.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 04:35:50 PM »

Very sad indeed for all involved and something Billy will have to deal with the rest of his life.  If alcohol was involved he should pay dearly.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »

What a sad state of events.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

I guess you let your emotions get in the way of reading what folks have written. No one is excusing Billy's actions. No one is calling for easy treatment. In my post I was very clear that he has to be held accountable for his actions and pay whatever price society expects of him. I also was very clear that my heart went out to the victim's family. Having said all that and having met and had a few beers with Billy on my last three trips to Daytona I also pointed out that it's sad too that he has _ ucked up his own life. Please do yourself and us a favor in the future and read all of what people write before you go off on a rant. I reread every post on this thread and did not find a single one advocating any type of lieniency for Billy.

B B
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.