Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Billy Lane hits a rider with his pick-up.  (Read 24146 times)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
Re: Billy Lane hits a rider with his pick-up.
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »

Just an FYI:
I worked for one of the major lab companys for 5 years and depending on the state/county most hospitals are contracted to one of the 3 players  (labcore, qwest or orchid) to handle all their blood samples. That means the test is probably happening in some other state (the company I worked for had 5 domestic locations and if they had that contract that work would be completed in Dallas TX [not the nearest], that location was specifically assigned handling potential criminal cases with a chain of custody) now that sample would arrive in TX with a date stamp and would be handled weeks from arrival due to the thousands of samples already sitting in a frig waiting testing for similar cases all over the country, now I mentioned earlier depending on the state/county because some states/counties require the testing be done locally, then the testing would be handled by some small local lab unless one of the major players were in their town (not likely) and the time for results would be shortened. Typical wait time 5-7 weeks. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 01:21:02 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2006, 07:57:13 PM »

That's pretty sad. Feel bad for all involved. Lane has a problem judging from the other DUI and now to kill someone with another DUI is not good.

Bigdog

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2006, 09:16:50 PM »

Very sad...what a stupid stupid thing to do.

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »

Yes sad indeed for the deceased and his family and sad also for Billy Lane. Not because he's in trouble, but now having to live with the fact he took a life.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2006, 03:35:24 PM »

As has been stated, it's a terrible for all involved and a particularly stupid for someone to do first on two wheels, and then get out in a cage with his blood alcohol twice more than the legal limit.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

What a damn shame for the family and a stupid chit thing for such a talented builder to do, or anyone for that matter.
 [smiley=soapbox.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »

He is either arrogant because of his fame and/or has a serious etoh problem.  In either case sounds like he will have plenty of time to reflect on his poor judgment.  
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2006, 08:49:53 AM »

Got to feel for the family of the deceased he did nothing wrong and is still dead,  What shame all because some idiot drank and decided to get behind the wheel.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2006, 12:17:17 PM »

Folks, Lane is even dumber and more callous than he's been given credit for so far.  He rode drunk.  He drove drunk.  He hit and killed the man on the moped.  All these things seem without dispute.  But he also rode and drove drunk with a passenger.  Granted, she should have known better and may have been just as wasted and just as stupid.  But it's the guy in fronts responsibility not to endanger the passenger behind you.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2006, 02:34:37 PM »

Guys,

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 04:11:07 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »

HUBBARD,
I agree with most you have said about alcoholism and that it is an illness.I do think that each person that has that problem has to hit their own personal bottom before they change their behavior. I think that life has a way of trying to warn you about dangerious behavior or conditions and it starts out as a small sign and gets stronger or bigger as you continue that downward spiral.
Think how Mr.Lane could have prevented this last tragedy if he had heeded the earlier warning signs such as an earlier dui arrest or maybe some minor damage in a parking lot etc.
I understand that alcoholism does have a physical and psycholigical addictive issues but it's use is also encouraged by society. Picture the diabetic as an example, if the blackout you gave as an example was unplanned and unexpected then society would have compassion. But what if on the other hand this diabetic had a bunch of friends that knew he had a problem and kept encourageing him to go to a bakery and eat sweets. And this diabetic knew he was going to eat sweets and he chose to leave his insulin at home and take a chance anyway. Also he had had a blackout in the past after leaving the bakery but that time he only hit a roadsign. Then maybe that person should be held accountable also?
I know there is no easy answers and I feel bad for all parties involved.

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2006, 10:04:34 PM »

:-[ Such a sad day for all involved! I wonder why his friends let him drive?????
Andy

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2006, 06:33:43 AM »

It is all too common for someone with a little bit of fame to be surrounded by "YES-MEN".  It becomes second nature to believe you are above everyone else and the rules don't apply to you.

Sad situation for sure.... :(

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »

Guys,

cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

HUB being in my trade. I have to say you are not defending anyone. You hit the nail right on the head. It is a disease. Most people don't look at like that and really don't understand. I have been cutting people out of automobiles for over 25 years. Ten of those in the District being assigned to a Heavy Rescue Unit. I can say that aprox 90% of the accidents involving entrapment are alcohol related. Now that is a shame.

This accident is a no win situation for anyone The family of the victim lost a loved one forever and Billy Lane has to live with the fact that he made a very bad decision and took somebodys life.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

To add a personal note to this. Up until my recent surgery I was always of a mind that anyone with a substance abuse or alcohol problem was weak minded. In my view, everyone is responsible for their own actions. This is probably because I am the son of an abusive alcoholic. While I was recovering from my knee replacement I was on Percocet for about two weeks. I woke up one day and decided I was not going to take it anymore and get by on extra strength Tylenol. Everything was fine til about 24 hrs since the last Percocet. I found myself doubled over with cramps, shaking and cold sweats. Never having experienced the " jones" but having known enough folks who had I called a buddy of mine who dovotes a lot of time to AA. He suggested I call my Dr. and get a lesser pain killer like Vicodin and then ease down to Tylenol. I did that and am fine, but have come away with an understanding of the physical mechanics of addiction. As such, I feel badly for having dissed off anyone with these issues as weak minded individuals. In the future I will try to pay attention to anyone in my circle of friends and family with problems of this nature and work with them if I can.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 09:48:11 AM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 22 queries.