Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Deuce with saddlebags, pics anyone?  (Read 10805 times)

JAMESAK51

Deuce with saddlebags, pics anyone?
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »

Hello all!!
   I picked up a 2003 anniversary Deuce in November, so I was only able to get about 125 miles on it before putting it away for the winter. I did realize in that time though that some removable saddlebags would really come in handy. So I got a pair of harley deuce bags on Ebay and ordered the easy brackets for them. As I mentioned before the bike is put away for the winter so I won't have a chance to put them on until spring. Just wondering how many others have put saddlebags on your deuce, and what kind of setup you went with as far as bags and brackets? Some pics would really be nice, it's going to be a long winter with a new bike and not being able to ride!!! :D
       Thanks guys and gals!
                Jim

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Deuce with saddlebags, pics anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:13 PM »

Put the same bags & brackets on my wife's '04 SED. Slick as snot.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=38084.0;all

JAMESAK51

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:09:15 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Buy early, that is sweet!! That's one sharp Deuce!! I didn't get the hard bags though, I got harley's leather deuce bags.
 It looks like the brackets really worked out well, I can't wait for spring to get mine on!!
           Jim

JAMESAK51

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »

Here's a pic I found of a 2003 Deuce like mine with the same bags that I got. I wasn't sure how my deuce would look with bags but I think it looks pretty good, not sure what kind of brackets they used on this one though.
       Jim 

JAMESAK51

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

Really, only one other person with bags on their deuce??   :oops: I guess we're the minority.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:20:23 PM »

The problem as I see it, the Duece was a pretty bike and purchased for that very reason.

Bags do not improve the look at all.
The soft tail was created for the look and bags cover up the clean look.

the Duece is by no means a touring bike, mostly. A "bar hopper" and hence the lack of storage.

I have seen my bike with bags and windshield and it defeats the purpose of it's existence

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

JAMESAK51

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:35 PM »

I totally agree that bags don't compliment the deuces looks at all. I do put on most of my miles cruising and driving to work but I do like to get out of town on a weekend from time to time. It's nice to have some storage for those times, that's why I went with the quick detach bags, so when I don't need storage I can have the clean lines of the deuce!!  :2vrolijk_21:

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »

The problem as I see it, the Duece was a pretty bike and purchased for that very reason.

Bags do not improve the look at all.
The soft tail was created for the look and bags cover up the clean look.

the Duece is by no means a touring bike, mostly. A "bar hopper" and hence the lack of storage.

I have seen my bike with bags and windshield and it defeats the purpose of it's existence

Can't agree with bar-hopper comment... I've done a lot of trips on my 02 which averaged well over 5000-6000 miles each. Plenty of my Deuce buddies have as well.. Several have well rolled over 100,000 miles and mostly highway.... With slight mods, the Deuce is a fine highway machine...

My opinion on the leather bags is that they don't hold enough, hard to secure and open/close, and detract from the Deuce's looks. Using the Removable bags in the color matched hard bags with ghost Brackets is the way to go for more storage, better and easier locking and access... I think they look pretty good on the Deuce as well. When you reach your destination, just pop the bags off and cruise in style.

If you don't mind a passenger backrest with the deuce rack, then an expanable Tbag can hold as much as a bagger. Riding two-up, the Tbag fits the rack well and riding solo lets you put the Tbag on the passenger seat which makes the best rider backrest you could imagine for those 10-12 hour days....

jb

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »

Hello all!!
   I picked up a 2003 anniversary Deuce in November, so I was only able to get about 125 miles on it before putting it away for the winter. I did realize in that time though that some removable saddlebags would really come in handy. So I got a pair of harley deuce bags on Ebay and ordered the easy brackets for them. As I mentioned before the bike is put away for the winter so I won't have a chance to put them on until spring. Just wondering how many others have put saddlebags on your deuce, and what kind of setup you went with as far as bags and brackets? Some pics would really be nice, it's going to be a long winter with a new bike and not being able to ride!!! :D
       Thanks guys and gals!
                Jim

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »

more

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »

more

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »

more

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »

more

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »

more

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »

last
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.386 seconds with 21 queries.