Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Too Much Heat !  (Read 4767 times)

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: Too Much Heat !
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »

Others have posted this but one more time, remove the cat one way or another and get it tuned with one of the tuners that adjust the VE tables.  It makes all the difference.  Just my opinion.
Do it now!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »

I think everyone must have different sensitivities to the heat these motors put out.  All I've done is the Fullsac, 2" cores, and the TTS canned map.  From stock, it is significantly cooler than stock.  If a part of my leg gets hot sometimes, it's the right inner part of my thigh, but even then it's not unbearable.  I leave my lowers on year round, and still have the heat deflectors on.  Middle Alabama is 76 degrees today and 90% humidity, and in the spring/summer, we normally have temps in the 80-95 degree range, sometimes hotter. And always humid.  I do not like it above 90 degrees here, as every time I stop for a couple of minutes in traffic, I start sweating like a prostitute in Church.  And even going down the road, it's like you're being hit in the body with a giant hair dryer on high.  And I just won't ride period if it's above 95 degrees, unless I'm on a trip or something.

Rob, I understand what you're saying, so that's why I say we must be really different in how the heat of the engine feels to our bodies.  And you'd never ride in Florida if you didn't ride at temps above 90 degrees... :huepfenlol2:

To me, hot is hot. If on a ride, your leg gets "warm" enough you have to move it as its uncomfortable...to me....that would be a heat issue. I've used the exact same setup you mentioned, as I said earlier, run better - yes. Fix my heat issue - no.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like an air cooled engine needs, well.... air to cool it. Or, maybe I'm just a pussy.  :nixweiss:

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »

I have Fullsac Stage 1 which did reduce heat significantly. In an attempt to further reduce heat, I have replaced stock oil cooler with a Jagg oil cooler (10-row low mount w/o fan assist, oil adapter, K&P oil filter) and I am in the process of installing a Jims ForceFlow cylinder head cooler. Will see if this combination eliminates the heat issue.
124 137HP/147TQ

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »

As long as you are sitting right over a large air cooled engine there will be heat.  The cops wear heavy duty outer pants with insulated underwear winter and summer.  Insulates your legs from the heat.  Give it a try.
Do it now!

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »

As long as you are sitting right over a large air cooled engine there will be heat.  The cops wear heavy duty outer pants with insulated underwear winter and summer.  Insulates your legs from the heat.  Give it a try.

That's a very accurate summary of the situation.

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »

That's a very accurate summary of the situation.

SG

My feelings too.   I guess no one has ever opened their car/truck hood after driving when 90 degrees out to feel the heat.     :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.