Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WI Spaghetti Ride  (Read 2083 times)

mfgreen

WI Spaghetti Ride
« on: August 10, 2004, 09:47:35 PM »

I called this spaghetti, simply because thats what it started to look like as I put the roads in. You can spend most of a day on these roads. They are a lot of fun and I have found more bikers here than on K & 162. In October there was a group of Sport Riders that we encountered on 162 heading south to Coon Valley. And I have seen several bikes of different makes cruising county P which is a favorite of many in the area.

http://www.wisconsinmotorcycling.com/maps/images/spaghetti2.gif

Route
Start where ever you want I guess. I normally take 33 out of La Crose and then pick from 162, H or G tohead south. If you mix this with the 162 map then you can run down to Stoddard and take 162 up to 33 and then over to G and back down to P and then take P east to Hwy 27 and then into Westby.

Cautions
Some of these smaller roads, ie; P, Pi, M, G, X, H, all have some great corners on them, but they are normally filled with rocks from hillbillys racing their pickups down the road. Cnty P has a hill on the east side right before you get to Hwy 27 that can be a bit treachorous if you aren't careful. The wholeright lane is often filled with gravel at some point on the hill. I would advise taking that hill slowly. P is also covered with Tar snakes, which isn't bad until its warm, then they can be like ice. Watch your lean angles.

Law Enforcement
As with all of these roads, law enforcement is strictest on the main HWY's. Otherwise the cruiser will not be seen much. Cnty P may get a few at times, but I have yet to see one there. 14/61 and 27 both have officers all over them. Bushes, gravel roads, Waysides are their hangouts. Don't get tempted to open it up in the straight stetches becuase there may be an officer waiting for you at the end.

Fuel and rest stops
Fuel is available in La Crosse, Coon Valley, Westby, and there may be a small station along 33 in St Joseph. I didn't include them simply because I can't remember if they had fuel there or not. There are a few small parks located close to the towns where you can stop. Also a rest area on 14/61 west of Coon Valley.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 09:54:07 PM by mfgreen »

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 21 queries.