Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!  (Read 14597 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »

hi folks,

The exhaust install went flawlessly today.  the tech told me they slipped right on with no fussiness whatsover.  I have no clue why V/H insists on telling everyone the fitment won't be done til March due to o2 orientation issues?  The bike uses 12mm o2's and the receptacles on the exhaust are.....12mm!  I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the V/H part is #26059, for 2012-2013 Softail, if anyone is interested.

The 2-2 flow very nicely with the frame of the bike and I personally like the fact that the tips run downward in front of the rear wheel so nothing blocks any part of the wheel, appearance-wise  They sound virtually the same as the BR 2-1 I had on my 2008 Custom which is a GOOD thing...deep, throaty sound-no "raspiness" at all.  Loud enough to get the attention of cagers, but not so loud as to anoy me on the bike.  at cruise they really accentuate the sound of the piston lifts.  You really hear the "thump-thump-thump"....great stuff.

Thus far, I am loving the Power Vision tuner.  I had the guys at the shop run my cable from the ECU, under the tank and up to the bars where I have the PV on a quick release mount.  I won't leave it there all the time, just for awhile to run numerous autotune sessions with it.  I loaded in Dynojet's initial tune for this set up and it did very well.  No pops on upward gear changes under heavy load(shifting at 4k - 5k).  only a few pops on decel, particularly when blipping the throttle to downshift.

I put the PV in autotune(AT) mode, and rode for about 30 minutes allowing the unit to gather all sort of info(the matrix screen looks really cool as it fills in all of the throttle position blocks at different RPM's).  I then saved the AT session and loaded it into the ECU.  Virtually no pops at all now on downshifts, so the AT really works with this tuner. the Dynojet guys said the AT function continues to dial-in the tune the more you use it under different riding conditions.

I really have to thank the folks on this site that turned me onto the PowerVision....great product, and so freakin' easy to use.

The throttle response now is AMAZING.  i was not impressed with the ride-by-wire throttle when I got the bike.  Sluggish, and many times unresponsive(I've talked about this in other posts)..  The tuner really woke it up.  Incredibly responsive, and just loads of power everywhere....finally the motor is breathing free and getting all the fuel it needs(take that EPA   :bananarock:  )

I rode til dark around Springfield, where the dealer is, before putting her on the trailer and heading for home.  I just couldn't be happier with both the exhaust, the PV tuner, and the service folks at Mid-Ohio Harley.  Dynojet's support is just fantastic also.  they are super responsive and great people to work with.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:39:14 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Ronhend

• Junior CVO Member
  • [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/ronh

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout
Re: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »

Z06 Thanks for the report. :)
I just received my dual tune license for my Power Vision today. I also ordered the cable I will need for the Breakout.
Hopefully, I can get it set up and at least put in a improved map until I decide which exhaust I am going to use.

Do you know if the 2 into 2 are louder than the 2 into 1?

Thanks,

Ron

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »

That's awesome and thanks for the great write up :cucumber:   The VH 2-2 BR looks great!  I am at my dealer tomorrow for their performance seminar and then getting the add-ons ordered.  I am going with the Bassani 2 into 1 Road Rage short and ordering the Power Vision with the Wide band 02 sensors (18mm) auto tune option as you have probably heard me say before (can you say broken record....lol).  The nice thing about the Bassani is they already have the 18mm bungs for the sensors.  Plus I am adding the Harley Oil Cooler to get that engine just a little cooler.   I might be going a little over board but I want to get everything set up the way I want it before it gets off the lot.

Question on having the dealer do the work....Did they have an issue of installing equipment you did not buy from them?

Again, thanks for all of your get write ups.  It has definitely helped me and eased the long wait for delivery :huepfenjump3:
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »

Z06 Thanks for the report. :)
I just received my dual tune license for my Power Vision today. I also ordered the cable I will need for the Breakout.
Hopefully, I can get it set up and at least put in a improved map until I decide which exhaust I am going to use.

Do you know if the 2 into 2 are louder than the 2 into 1?

Thanks,

Ron

Hey Ron,

i think you were the one that turned me onto the PV....thanks!

To my ears the volume was identical on the 2-2 compared to the 2-1.  I had the 2-1 on another bike for 5 years so I have a pretty good memory of what it sounds like.  I was actually surprised.  I have heard the 2-2's on other bikes before and always thought they were extremely loud.  Maybe they had pulled the baffles or maybe v/h has competition baffles for these maybe??
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

That's awesome and thanks for the great write up :cucumber:   The VH 2-2 BR looks great!  I am at my dealer tomorrow for their performance seminar and then getting the add-ons ordered.  I am going with the Bassani 2 into 1 Road Rage short and ordering the Power Vision with the Wide band 02 sensors (18mm) auto tune option as you have probably heard me say before (can you say broken record....lol).  The nice thing about the Bassani is they already have the 18mm bungs for the sensors.  Plus I am adding the Harley Oil Cooler to get that engine just a little cooler.   I might be going a little over board but I want to get everything set up the way I want it before it gets off the lot.

Question on having the dealer do the work....Did they have an issue of installing equipment you did not buy from them?

Again, thanks for all of your get write ups.  It has definitely helped me and eased the long wait for delivery :huepfenjump3:

Wow, Born, you are STILL waiting? I feel your pain....

No problem at all with installing it.  I have had equipment installed at a couple of HD dealers and I never buy it through them unless it's HD(and even then I might go with Surdyke HD as they do 20% off online....I'm sure you know them, I think they are in the St. Louis area?)

My favorite HD dealer here in town did just stop doing any aftermarket add-on's period, but he had nothing to do with not buying through them.

I have never had a dealer give me a hard time about that...And I have added A LOT of aftermarket parts in the past!

Regarding the pro PV autotune.  Yea, i thought about when I got the BR2-2, knowing they had 12mm o2 mounts.

So what are my options if I want to go pro?  I know DynoJet sells a kit with 18mm bungs.  do you just drill out the 12mm mounts and drill in the 18mm bungs?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:50:22 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »

Wow, Born, you are STILL waiting? I feel your pain....

No problem at all with installing it.  I have had equipment installed at a couple of HD dealers and I never buy it through them unless it's HD(and even then I might go with Surdyke HD as they do 20% off online....I'm sure you know them, I think they are in the St. Louis area?)

My favorite HD dealer here in town did just stop doing any aftermarket add-on's period, but he had nothing to do with not buying through them.

I have never had a dealer give me a hard time about that...And I have added A LOT of aftermarket parts in the past!

Yep definitely know Surdyke!   and yes still waiting...ugh!  Ordered the bike on October 18th!!!!!! But my sales guy St Charles Harley always said Feb delivery and he has been awesome keeping me up to date.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

Yep definitely know Surdyke!   and yes still waiting...ugh!  Ordered the bike on October 18th!!!!!! But my sales guy St Charles Harley always said Feb delivery and he has been awesome keeping me up to date.

Hey, if you want to "step-up" and get the best color(!), the dealer I was at in Springfield, OH has a red one that has been on the floor since November 17.  Shocked me the way we have been reading about shortages of bikes....

St. Louis is an easy 6 hour drive from central Ohio.......come on, you know you want to  :huepfenlol2:

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »

Hey, if you want to "step-up" and get the best color(!), the dealer I was at in Springfield, OH has a red one that has been on the floor since November 17.  Shocked me the way we have been reading about shortages of bikes....

St. Louis is an easy 6 hour drive from central Ohio.......come on, you know you want to  :huepfenlol2:

Too funny :P..... But it was love at first site for the Hard Candy/Liquid Sun.   That is odd that he has had the bike that long.  Maybe not pushing it or asking over MRSP?   I was just up in that area last week for work...Columbus and Findlay.  Only for a day though.  Is that the dealer on US 23?

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »

:worthless:

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »

Too funny :P..... But it was love at first site for the Hard Candy/Liquid Sun.   That is odd that he has had the bike that long.  Maybe not pushing it or asking over MRSP?   I was just up in that area last week for work...Columbus and Findlay.  Only for a day though.  Is that the dealer on US 23?

Hey, no, they are only asking MSRP and no dealer prep charge....

Ah, you are thinking of Thiels.  They sell HD, Kawasaki, Honda, etc.

This dealer is right off I-70 halfway between Columbus and Dayton(about a half hour drive from my house in Columbus).

small dealer...I doubt they get much "pedestrian" foot traffic this time of year....just the hard core customers who come down every day to drink coffee with the owners...nice folks...

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:17 PM »

:worthless:

Hey no problem Nicky

Will get some tomorrow.

Supposed to be sunny and 50.....how many tanks of gas can I go through.....I'm going to find out....

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »

Hi there great report looking forward to seeing the photos, 40 days to go still can't decide which exhaust to go with BR 2-1 still my favourite but can't see how the rear foot rests fit and how it changes the position of the pillion riders legs,with the price of accessories over here i need to get it right first time.  Hope the sun shines for you today [we have snow ] and you have a fab day

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 08:05:37 AM »

Hi there great report looking forward to seeing the photos, 40 days to go still can't decide which exhaust to go with BR 2-1 still my favourite but can't see how the rear foot rests fit and how it changes the position of the pillion riders legs,with the price of accessories over here i need to get it right first time.  Hope the sun shines for you today [we have snow ] and you have a fab day

Hi Fisherman,

checkout the V/H website, go to the 2-1 page for 2012-2013 Softail and download the instruction manual. they have a picture of the rear foot peg offset you have to install that raises the right passenger peg about 2" to clear the exhaust.  So the passenger will have a little bit of a strange sensation they have to get used to, right foot being higher than the left.  But hey, it's all in the name of better performance and appearance so tell the passenger to just get over it   :P

I suppose you could buy an extra offset kit and put it on the left side as well to make them even.  Back when I had my 2-1 they only included a single offset bracket.

I never installed mine as I never have a passenger.  My wife rides a V-Rod and wouldn't dream of giving up control by getting on the back with me !

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:09:06 AM by Z06_Pilot »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

Okay....so I really need to see some pics!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »

Okay....so I really need to see some pics!

OK, here we go.....

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »

another

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »

another

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »

boy, the colors come out really bad when I save in Photoshop for web use.....that type of file save is new for me, so not sure what I am not doing right!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

another

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

finally

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »

I had some initial hesitation of going with the 2-2 because they are so popular and it seems everybody has them(I always like going the opposite direction).

But, IMO, they just fit this bike so perfectly with the look I was going for, I had to do it.

As with everything else mod-related, everybody has their own taste.........which is why we post pix to see what the other guy is doing !

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »

z06- looks awesome-I still think eventually I will end up with the VH 2 into 1, but hopefully the rush slip ons I have will satisfy initially.  Between the power vision, pipes, and install that is a lot of cash.  And by the way, a Breakout, V-Rod, Vette, and Porsche- I thought I liked my toys ;D
Enjoy your good weather and saltless roads-50 degrees here but salt so no riding here.

I had some initial hesitation of going with the 2-2 because they are so popular and it seems everybody has them(I always like going the opposite direction).

But, IMO, they just fit this bike so perfectly with the look I was going for, I had to do it.

As with everything else mod-related, everybody has their own taste.........which is why we post pix to see what the other guy is doing !

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »

I am in love with the look!  I've got some photoshopping on my bike to make sure!  Looks great....how is the sound on a warm idle?  I know the 110"s have a little bit lopier cam!  Perhaps you can shoot a video....I'll host it for you if you want to email it to me.  Again....I'm utterly jealous!

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »

I am in love with the look!  I've got some photoshopping on my bike to make sure!  Looks great....how is the sound on a warm idle?  I know the 110"s have a little bit lopier cam!  Perhaps you can shoot a video....I'll host it for you if you want to email it to me.  Again....I'm utterly jealous!

On the Facebook page for "CVO Breakout", a guy has a video posted with the V/H 2-2 pipes. SOUNDS AWESOME!  There is even a reference back to this forum about Z06's input on part no's.

Great Pics Z06!!!  That is an awesome look!

Not to jack the thread but wanted to share some info.....
I attended a performance seminar at St Charles Harley Davidson this morning, hosted by none other than Marshall Tucker (giving him another shout out) and it was very educational.  They also brought in Rudy from Quicktime Motorsports.  Quicktime has performed 1000's of Dyno's (uses the Dyno jet dyno) and has over 5000 maps in his library.  The key takeaways (which most of us already know) if you really want to fine tune and increase performance were:
1. Replace the header pipes and mufflers.
2. Add a fuel management tuner.  Spoke highly of  Power Commander V and Fi Cobra. (does not have a lot of experience yet with power vision but working on it)
3. And get your bike tuned on a dyno.
4. Sounds like they will take the stock O2 sensors Harley puts in and eliminate them because it is only 1 dimensional.  If you really want to tune for maximum efficiency and performance add the wideband 02 sensors.

To much other information overload, but the biggest thing was doing the dyno.   Do your homework on the dyno guy.  As mentioned in the seminar Quicktime performs sooooo many dyno's on harleys, it's incredible.  He offered a great deal on doing a dyno for the people that attended for only $150 and it is normally $300+.  Money well spent to have your bike running the way it should be and feeling comfortable that it will not be damaged.  When it came to meeting warranty needs, it sounds like when you use "race tuners" that is when warranties become voided.  The PCV, PV, and Cobra are not race tuners.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »

The only thingI hate about doing a dyno is if you decide to  change something then you have to get it dynoed again.  I am trying to get the most bang for my buck and I think that will be the power vision, then I can buy a license to tune my wife's bike too.  And I will almost certainly change out the slip ons at some point so I would need another map tune. 

On the Facebook page for "CVO Breakout", a guy has a video posted with the V/H 2-2 pipes. SOUNDS AWESOME!  There is even a reference back to this forum about Z06's input on part no's.

Great Pics Z06!!!  That is an awesome look!

Not to jack the thread but wanted to share some info.....
I attended a performance seminar at St Charles Harley Davidson this morning, hosted by none other than Marshall Tucker (giving him another shout out) and it was very educational.  They also brought in Rudy from Quicktime Motorsports.  Quicktime has performed 1000's of Dyno's (uses the Dyno jet dyno) and has over 5000 maps in his library.  The key takeaways (which most of us already know) if you really want to fine tune and increase performance were:
1. Replace the header pipes and mufflers.
2. Add a fuel management tuner.  Spoke highly of  Power Commander V and Fi Cobra. (does not have a lot of experience yet with power vision but working on it)
3. And get your bike tuned on a dyno.
4. Sounds like they will take the stock O2 sensors Harley puts in and eliminate them because it is only 1 dimensional.  If you really want to tune for maximum efficiency and performance add the wideband 02 sensors.

To much other information overload, but the biggest thing was doing the dyno.   Do your homework on the dyno guy.  As mentioned in the seminar Quicktime performs sooooo many dyno's on harleys, it's incredible.  He offered a great deal on doing a dyno for the people that attended for only $150 and it is normally $300+.  Money well spent to have your bike running the way it should be and feeling comfortable that it will not be damaged.  When it came to meeting warranty needs, it sounds like when you use "race tuners" that is when warranties become voided.  The PCV, PV, and Cobra are not race tuners.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »

Yay! Breakout pics with the exhaust done!

Excellent job Z06_Pilot, I bet you just want to ride it all day now.

I'm still out on the Big Radius pipes, just dont like the look...  ::)

Enjoy it Jeff and get out there and ride it!  ;)
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »

z06- looks awesome-I still think eventually I will end up with the VH 2 into 1, but hopefully the rush slip ons I have will satisfy initially.  Between the power vision, pipes, and install that is a lot of cash.  And by the way, a Breakout, V-Rod, Vette, and Porsche- I thought I liked my toys ;D
Enjoy your good weather and saltless roads-50 degrees here but salt so no riding here.

Not that fancy really, we bought these when they were "cheap".  Z06 is a 2004.  A new Z06 is just about double what I paid(admitedly a LOT more performance but it's still cash), and the Boxster S is a 2002.  So they were paid for several years ago....which makes room for more new stuff!  The daily drivers have to live outside....

Put 300 miles on her today......
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:59:59 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »

Oh, and something else.  I have to change my statement from yesterday about the loudness of the BR 2-2's.  After living with them for 300 miles today, they are DEFINITELY louder than the BR 2-1's.  Nothing obnoxious, but they are at the edge of my comfort zone.  I wouldn't want anything louder.

I didn't realize just how short the pipes are.  Probably explains the higher volume....

I also ran about 6 Autotune sessions on the PV today, and loaded each successive AT sesion on top of the other.  At the end of the day, I think it's dialed in really nice.  Occassional ping and pop, but very seldom.   Seat-of-the-pants tells me there is definitely more power available than before.  I'm not saying i got massive hp/torque increases over stock, I just think that a full exhaust and a tune allow you to really get after the power that was there all along.  Not sure if I'm crazy or not, but that's how it feels to me......

It is just so different from stock....it's like a completely different bike, performance-wise.

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

Hi Z06 thanks for the information on the BR2-1 i think the best course of action for me is to try to  get some slip-on mufflers or maybe do the baffle change job that I have read about  on another thread on this forum. Best to have yet more patience and wait till the summer go to a few runs and check-out bikes with pipes and listen to them in the real ,Oh by-the way the wife thought the comment "so tell the passenger to just get over it"was hilarious  ;D Now that would be a brave man !!

Ronhend

• Junior CVO Member
  • [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/ronh

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »

Thank you Z06 for the info and the photos.
Looks really nice :huepfenjump3:

Ron

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 06:52:50 AM »

The pipes look awsome, perfect on your Scoot,
What extra BHP have they given you?
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »

The pipes look awsome, perfect on your Scoot,
What extra BHP have they given you?

Not sure.

I don't do dynos on my bikes, but seat-of-the-pants tells me, there is a good deal more usable power than before.  Now whether it's power that was already there but untapped due to the restricted nature of the stock AFR, or if the exhaust/tuner combo actually added additional bhp, I'm not sure.  Someone way smarter than me on these things would have to address that.

What I do know is if the pulling power of the motor was represented by a team of 8 horses, I feel like one more was added !

And it may just be the power delivery that's so different it just feels like additional bhp.  The throttle is a dream now.  So responsive. I'm not having to open up the throttle near as much as I was to get the power put down.  In my case, the fly-by-wire stock throttle reponse was awful.

One thing that drove me nuts when I first bought the bike was blipping the throttle on downshifts.  Many times the throttle would not even catch and instead of a high rpm throttle blip, the motor would almost die.  I would have to roll on the throttle blips very slowly and methodically when downshifting, which meant I had to slow down early approaching a turn to get the downshifting done earlier than I would like.  That is a thing of the past.  I can now maintain cruising speed longer, and get the downshifting done just in front of the turn with very quick throttle blips.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:40:36 AM by Z06_Pilot »

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 11:05:47 PM »

Nice Z06 - looks awesome!
thanks for posting this , now we don't have to ask Nicky Pass to do any more photoshopping ;) ;)
I had a look at the facebook breakout site and these pipes sound great too . :pepper: :pepper:

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »

another

Scoot looks awsome, would look amazing with the Chrome Swingarm!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 06:09:57 PM »

Looks great! They are loud from what I remember, But I ran those without baffles.
Definitely got cagers attention ;) ;)

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »

Z, What Power Vision Part No. did you order?  Was it the PV-2?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:51 PM »

Z, What Power Vision Part No. did you order?  Was it the PV-2?

Yessir indeed!

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 07:53:37 PM »

they belong on there looks great z06
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 09:17:34 PM »

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 03:50:55 PM »

Send the black bracket to the chrome shop makes a big difference

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

Thanks for your informative post and photos. This really helped me with the decision process.

I agree with what you said about seeing a lot of theses pipes, but also agree, they look killer on the Breakout.

airgrabber

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »

New guy here, I have a gold breakout I picked up a few weeks ago. Have a small request for Z06. Can you provide update at some point on if the heat from these pipes is affecting the areas V/H said had clearance issues? Great looking pipes.  :2vrolijk_21:

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »

deleted
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:01:15 PM by Z06_Pilot »

vmatc

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 (Krypto/Black)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (Black/Silver) [sold]
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »

Very nice looking bike. Thanks for sharing. IMHO the pipes really flow with the lines of the bike.
Some stuff that I like...

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2013, 10:09:15 AM »

hi folks,

The exhaust install went flawlessly today.  the tech told me they slipped right on with no fussiness whatsover.  I have no clue why V/H insists on telling everyone the fitment won't be done til March due to o2 orientation issues?  The bike uses 12mm o2's and the receptacles on the exhaust are.....12mm!  I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the V/H part is #26059, for 2012-2013 Softail, if anyone is interested.

Z,

Any plans to eventually switch to the larger bore O2 sensors so you can run the Pro Auto Tune?  I spent some time yesterday schooling myself on the Power Vision by watching the videos on Dynojet's website.  Looks like I may have to get me a Power Vision pretty soon...liked the whole setup!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »

Did you get a dyno tune yet? would be interested in seeing the results! have heard conflicting reports from the 2 into 2 Big Radius! but cant help that love the look of them!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2013, 09:32:11 PM »

Z,

Any plans to eventually switch to the larger bore O2 sensors so you can run the Pro Auto Tune?  I spent some time yesterday schooling myself on the Power Vision by watching the videos on Dynojet's website.  Looks like I may have to get me a Power Vision pretty soon...liked the whole setup!

Sorry G_Fend, I missed this post along the way.

I am certainly thinking about doing that this summer.  I'm not sure how that works.  The stock o2's are 12mm and the PV Pro comes with bungs and 18mm o2 sensors.  How to you get those mounted onto the exhaust?  do you pull out the 12mm mounts and weld in the 18mm bungs for the larger o2's?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

Did you get a dyno tune yet? would be interested in seeing the results! have heard conflicting reports from the 2 into 2 Big Radius! but cant help that love the look of them!

I don't dyno my bikes, so I don't know statistics-wise if there is a torque increase or not.  Seat of the pants tells me there is more power without a doubt.  As I mentioned elsewhere, I don't know if that is actually a net power increase, or if the re-mapping to take advantage of the new exhaust just brought out more usable power that was already there.

Someone did mention losing power with the 2-2's, and I have asked for someone to help me understand that.  If the the Breakout comes with heavily restricted 2-2 exhaust, wouldn't installing a free-flowing 2-2 aftermarket exhaust at least maintain the hp/torque?  Trying to understand how power could be lost with this setup.....are there any air-fuel-mixture experts in the group?

ChromeDream

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout Liquid Sun
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2013, 01:28:34 AM »

Hi all

I LOVE the look of the Big Radius 2-2 on the Breakout. This exhaust is integrating so marvellous in the look of the bike.

But I heard, that the guys following you in a convoy would not appreciate you, since the dust from the street will be swirl up and resulting in dirty faces...  8)

Any owner experiences, if this is true?

Chrome

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:03 AM »

Hi all

I LOVE the look of the Big Radius 2-2 on the Breakout. This exhaust is integrating so marvellous in the look of the bike.

But I heard, that the guys following you in a convoy would not appreciate you, since the dust from the street will be swirl up and resulting in dirty faces...  8)

Any owner experiences, if this is true?

Chrome
I have a buddy running the Big Radius and hes is constantly complaining! even on dry rides he ends up spending hours cleaning and polishing his back end due to all the dust that kicks up!

ChromeDream

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout Liquid Sun
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2013, 10:12:36 AM »

Hi Charlie

Thanks for your feedback, which is helpful for me.
It seems anyway, that this exhaust isn't allowed here in Switzerland. The Kess Tech is well known in Switzerland and would be allowed, but I don't like the look for the Breakout.

I'll wait, till there's a nice looking and good performing solution ones in the future...

Sincerely
Chrome

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »

I have no clue why V/H insists on telling everyone the fitment won't be done til March due to o2 orientation issues?

Had a friend that had problems with o2, it wasn't the size, his are 12mm, it was the the placement. His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:08 AM »

I have no clue why V/H insists on telling everyone the fitment won't be done til March due to o2 orientation issues?

Had a friend that had problems with o2, it wasn't the size, his are 12mm, it was the the placement. His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:

I am thinking that was some other problem.  The location of the o2 sensors on the Breakout headers are exactly the same as every other 2013 Softail.  i know this because I compared the Slim, Fatboy, and the Blackline.

My O2's popped into the BR 2-2 headers in the exact same location as stock.

Another point I want to mention is that V/H is telling folks they are concerned with the current part number for the 2-2 being too close to the oil lines.  In reality, the stock exhaust is extremely close to all 3 oil lines, and the 2-2 is moved about 1.5" AWAY from the oil lines.

The people manning the V/H phones just have no clue what they are talking about.  You would not believe the BS I have been told from these people on 4 different occassions.  Pitiful......
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:43:15 AM by Z06_Pilot »

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 04:36:25 AM »

His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:
[/quote]

Speaking of jugs,  i love your avatar  ;D
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »

His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:

Speaking of jugs,  i love your avatar  ;D

I know, every time I get on a thread where 2ksoftail has posted, I forget what I was going to post....it's mesmerizing isn't it?  Best avatar I have ever seen, bar none....

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »

Z06 - good advice mate on the PV2 just fitted mine and did 200 miles.  Wow what a difference - running a set of secondhand V&H straight cans with quite baffles till I decide on a system but very impressive Pat at DynaJet sent the flash file (nice guy's). Throttle responce is much improved and  ;Dsurprisingly it got rid of the small lag on take up from idle. No popping back on over run just burbles lovely - will now try the auto tune.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »

140 more miles and I will have my pipes put on. Pretty sure I'm going with BR 2/2.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »

Z06 - good advice mate on the PV2 just fitted mine and did 200 miles.  Wow what a difference - running a set of secondhand V&H straight cans with quite baffles till I decide on a system but very impressive Pat at DynaJet sent the flash file (nice guy's). Throttle responce is much improved and  ;Dsurprisingly it got rid of the small lag on take up from idle. No popping back on over run just burbles lovely - will now try the auto tune.

Yea, the PV is pretty sweet.  The difference in throttle response was an incredible improvement !

Let us know about your AT experience....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 21 queries.