Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!  (Read 14602 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »

another
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »

another
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »

boy, the colors come out really bad when I save in Photoshop for web use.....that type of file save is new for me, so not sure what I am not doing right!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

another

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

finally

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »

I had some initial hesitation of going with the 2-2 because they are so popular and it seems everybody has them(I always like going the opposite direction).

But, IMO, they just fit this bike so perfectly with the look I was going for, I had to do it.

As with everything else mod-related, everybody has their own taste.........which is why we post pix to see what the other guy is doing !

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »

z06- looks awesome-I still think eventually I will end up with the VH 2 into 1, but hopefully the rush slip ons I have will satisfy initially.  Between the power vision, pipes, and install that is a lot of cash.  And by the way, a Breakout, V-Rod, Vette, and Porsche- I thought I liked my toys ;D
Enjoy your good weather and saltless roads-50 degrees here but salt so no riding here.

I had some initial hesitation of going with the 2-2 because they are so popular and it seems everybody has them(I always like going the opposite direction).

But, IMO, they just fit this bike so perfectly with the look I was going for, I had to do it.

As with everything else mod-related, everybody has their own taste.........which is why we post pix to see what the other guy is doing !

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »

I am in love with the look!  I've got some photoshopping on my bike to make sure!  Looks great....how is the sound on a warm idle?  I know the 110"s have a little bit lopier cam!  Perhaps you can shoot a video....I'll host it for you if you want to email it to me.  Again....I'm utterly jealous!

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »

I am in love with the look!  I've got some photoshopping on my bike to make sure!  Looks great....how is the sound on a warm idle?  I know the 110"s have a little bit lopier cam!  Perhaps you can shoot a video....I'll host it for you if you want to email it to me.  Again....I'm utterly jealous!

On the Facebook page for "CVO Breakout", a guy has a video posted with the V/H 2-2 pipes. SOUNDS AWESOME!  There is even a reference back to this forum about Z06's input on part no's.

Great Pics Z06!!!  That is an awesome look!

Not to jack the thread but wanted to share some info.....
I attended a performance seminar at St Charles Harley Davidson this morning, hosted by none other than Marshall Tucker (giving him another shout out) and it was very educational.  They also brought in Rudy from Quicktime Motorsports.  Quicktime has performed 1000's of Dyno's (uses the Dyno jet dyno) and has over 5000 maps in his library.  The key takeaways (which most of us already know) if you really want to fine tune and increase performance were:
1. Replace the header pipes and mufflers.
2. Add a fuel management tuner.  Spoke highly of  Power Commander V and Fi Cobra. (does not have a lot of experience yet with power vision but working on it)
3. And get your bike tuned on a dyno.
4. Sounds like they will take the stock O2 sensors Harley puts in and eliminate them because it is only 1 dimensional.  If you really want to tune for maximum efficiency and performance add the wideband 02 sensors.

To much other information overload, but the biggest thing was doing the dyno.   Do your homework on the dyno guy.  As mentioned in the seminar Quicktime performs sooooo many dyno's on harleys, it's incredible.  He offered a great deal on doing a dyno for the people that attended for only $150 and it is normally $300+.  Money well spent to have your bike running the way it should be and feeling comfortable that it will not be damaged.  When it came to meeting warranty needs, it sounds like when you use "race tuners" that is when warranties become voided.  The PCV, PV, and Cobra are not race tuners.

Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »

The only thingI hate about doing a dyno is if you decide to  change something then you have to get it dynoed again.  I am trying to get the most bang for my buck and I think that will be the power vision, then I can buy a license to tune my wife's bike too.  And I will almost certainly change out the slip ons at some point so I would need another map tune. 

On the Facebook page for "CVO Breakout", a guy has a video posted with the V/H 2-2 pipes. SOUNDS AWESOME!  There is even a reference back to this forum about Z06's input on part no's.

Great Pics Z06!!!  That is an awesome look!

Not to jack the thread but wanted to share some info.....
I attended a performance seminar at St Charles Harley Davidson this morning, hosted by none other than Marshall Tucker (giving him another shout out) and it was very educational.  They also brought in Rudy from Quicktime Motorsports.  Quicktime has performed 1000's of Dyno's (uses the Dyno jet dyno) and has over 5000 maps in his library.  The key takeaways (which most of us already know) if you really want to fine tune and increase performance were:
1. Replace the header pipes and mufflers.
2. Add a fuel management tuner.  Spoke highly of  Power Commander V and Fi Cobra. (does not have a lot of experience yet with power vision but working on it)
3. And get your bike tuned on a dyno.
4. Sounds like they will take the stock O2 sensors Harley puts in and eliminate them because it is only 1 dimensional.  If you really want to tune for maximum efficiency and performance add the wideband 02 sensors.

To much other information overload, but the biggest thing was doing the dyno.   Do your homework on the dyno guy.  As mentioned in the seminar Quicktime performs sooooo many dyno's on harleys, it's incredible.  He offered a great deal on doing a dyno for the people that attended for only $150 and it is normally $300+.  Money well spent to have your bike running the way it should be and feeling comfortable that it will not be damaged.  When it came to meeting warranty needs, it sounds like when you use "race tuners" that is when warranties become voided.  The PCV, PV, and Cobra are not race tuners.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »

Yay! Breakout pics with the exhaust done!

Excellent job Z06_Pilot, I bet you just want to ride it all day now.

I'm still out on the Big Radius pipes, just dont like the look...  ::)

Enjoy it Jeff and get out there and ride it!  ;)
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »

z06- looks awesome-I still think eventually I will end up with the VH 2 into 1, but hopefully the rush slip ons I have will satisfy initially.  Between the power vision, pipes, and install that is a lot of cash.  And by the way, a Breakout, V-Rod, Vette, and Porsche- I thought I liked my toys ;D
Enjoy your good weather and saltless roads-50 degrees here but salt so no riding here.

Not that fancy really, we bought these when they were "cheap".  Z06 is a 2004.  A new Z06 is just about double what I paid(admitedly a LOT more performance but it's still cash), and the Boxster S is a 2002.  So they were paid for several years ago....which makes room for more new stuff!  The daily drivers have to live outside....

Put 300 miles on her today......
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:59:59 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »

Oh, and something else.  I have to change my statement from yesterday about the loudness of the BR 2-2's.  After living with them for 300 miles today, they are DEFINITELY louder than the BR 2-1's.  Nothing obnoxious, but they are at the edge of my comfort zone.  I wouldn't want anything louder.

I didn't realize just how short the pipes are.  Probably explains the higher volume....

I also ran about 6 Autotune sessions on the PV today, and loaded each successive AT sesion on top of the other.  At the end of the day, I think it's dialed in really nice.  Occassional ping and pop, but very seldom.   Seat-of-the-pants tells me there is definitely more power available than before.  I'm not saying i got massive hp/torque increases over stock, I just think that a full exhaust and a tune allow you to really get after the power that was there all along.  Not sure if I'm crazy or not, but that's how it feels to me......

It is just so different from stock....it's like a completely different bike, performance-wise.

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

Hi Z06 thanks for the information on the BR2-1 i think the best course of action for me is to try to  get some slip-on mufflers or maybe do the baffle change job that I have read about  on another thread on this forum. Best to have yet more patience and wait till the summer go to a few runs and check-out bikes with pipes and listen to them in the real ,Oh by-the way the wife thought the comment "so tell the passenger to just get over it"was hilarious  ;D Now that would be a brave man !!

Ronhend

• Junior CVO Member
  • [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/ronh

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »

Thank you Z06 for the info and the photos.
Looks really nice :huepfenjump3:

Ron
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.