Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!  (Read 14599 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: V/H Big Radius 2-2 exhaust and Power Vision....DONE!
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »

Did you get a dyno tune yet? would be interested in seeing the results! have heard conflicting reports from the 2 into 2 Big Radius! but cant help that love the look of them!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2013, 09:32:11 PM »

Z,

Any plans to eventually switch to the larger bore O2 sensors so you can run the Pro Auto Tune?  I spent some time yesterday schooling myself on the Power Vision by watching the videos on Dynojet's website.  Looks like I may have to get me a Power Vision pretty soon...liked the whole setup!

Sorry G_Fend, I missed this post along the way.

I am certainly thinking about doing that this summer.  I'm not sure how that works.  The stock o2's are 12mm and the PV Pro comes with bungs and 18mm o2 sensors.  How to you get those mounted onto the exhaust?  do you pull out the 12mm mounts and weld in the 18mm bungs for the larger o2's?
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

Did you get a dyno tune yet? would be interested in seeing the results! have heard conflicting reports from the 2 into 2 Big Radius! but cant help that love the look of them!

I don't dyno my bikes, so I don't know statistics-wise if there is a torque increase or not.  Seat of the pants tells me there is more power without a doubt.  As I mentioned elsewhere, I don't know if that is actually a net power increase, or if the re-mapping to take advantage of the new exhaust just brought out more usable power that was already there.

Someone did mention losing power with the 2-2's, and I have asked for someone to help me understand that.  If the the Breakout comes with heavily restricted 2-2 exhaust, wouldn't installing a free-flowing 2-2 aftermarket exhaust at least maintain the hp/torque?  Trying to understand how power could be lost with this setup.....are there any air-fuel-mixture experts in the group?
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

ChromeDream

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout Liquid Sun
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2013, 01:28:34 AM »

Hi all

I LOVE the look of the Big Radius 2-2 on the Breakout. This exhaust is integrating so marvellous in the look of the bike.

But I heard, that the guys following you in a convoy would not appreciate you, since the dust from the street will be swirl up and resulting in dirty faces...  8)

Any owner experiences, if this is true?

Chrome

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:03 AM »

Hi all

I LOVE the look of the Big Radius 2-2 on the Breakout. This exhaust is integrating so marvellous in the look of the bike.

But I heard, that the guys following you in a convoy would not appreciate you, since the dust from the street will be swirl up and resulting in dirty faces...  8)

Any owner experiences, if this is true?

Chrome
I have a buddy running the Big Radius and hes is constantly complaining! even on dry rides he ends up spending hours cleaning and polishing his back end due to all the dust that kicks up!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ChromeDream

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout Liquid Sun
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2013, 10:12:36 AM »

Hi Charlie

Thanks for your feedback, which is helpful for me.
It seems anyway, that this exhaust isn't allowed here in Switzerland. The Kess Tech is well known in Switzerland and would be allowed, but I don't like the look for the Breakout.

I'll wait, till there's a nice looking and good performing solution ones in the future...

Sincerely
Chrome

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »

I have no clue why V/H insists on telling everyone the fitment won't be done til March due to o2 orientation issues?

Had a friend that had problems with o2, it wasn't the size, his are 12mm, it was the the placement. His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:08 AM »

I have no clue why V/H insists on telling everyone the fitment won't be done til March due to o2 orientation issues?

Had a friend that had problems with o2, it wasn't the size, his are 12mm, it was the the placement. His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:

I am thinking that was some other problem.  The location of the o2 sensors on the Breakout headers are exactly the same as every other 2013 Softail.  i know this because I compared the Slim, Fatboy, and the Blackline.

My O2's popped into the BR 2-2 headers in the exact same location as stock.

Another point I want to mention is that V/H is telling folks they are concerned with the current part number for the 2-2 being too close to the oil lines.  In reality, the stock exhaust is extremely close to all 3 oil lines, and the 2-2 is moved about 1.5" AWAY from the oil lines.

The people manning the V/H phones just have no clue what they are talking about.  You would not believe the BS I have been told from these people on 4 different occassions.  Pitiful......
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:43:15 AM by Z06_Pilot »

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 04:36:25 AM »

His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:
[/quote]

Speaking of jugs,  i love your avatar  ;D
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »

His sensors hit the jugs when putting pipes back on :nixweiss:

Speaking of jugs,  i love your avatar  ;D

I know, every time I get on a thread where 2ksoftail has posted, I forget what I was going to post....it's mesmerizing isn't it?  Best avatar I have ever seen, bar none....

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »

Z06 - good advice mate on the PV2 just fitted mine and did 200 miles.  Wow what a difference - running a set of secondhand V&H straight cans with quite baffles till I decide on a system but very impressive Pat at DynaJet sent the flash file (nice guy's). Throttle responce is much improved and  ;Dsurprisingly it got rid of the small lag on take up from idle. No popping back on over run just burbles lovely - will now try the auto tune.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »

140 more miles and I will have my pipes put on. Pretty sure I'm going with BR 2/2.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »

Z06 - good advice mate on the PV2 just fitted mine and did 200 miles.  Wow what a difference - running a set of secondhand V&H straight cans with quite baffles till I decide on a system but very impressive Pat at DynaJet sent the flash file (nice guy's). Throttle responce is much improved and  ;Dsurprisingly it got rid of the small lag on take up from idle. No popping back on over run just burbles lovely - will now try the auto tune.

Yea, the PV is pretty sweet.  The difference in throttle response was an incredible improvement !

Let us know about your AT experience....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.