Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Paint issue-don't want to bum everybody out, but.....  (Read 6204 times)

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Paint issue-don't want to bum everybody out, but.....
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 02:13:27 PM »

Just checked her out and she is OK - thanks for the warning. Only thing so far I have had is the left fork tube cap dust seal o ring split and poped out which my dealer replaced.

whoop72

• AZ

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »

I am familiar with Gunslinger, and in my experience, their quality is great.  I have a 6 year old custom with their paint, and still looks like new. 

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »

I am familiar with Gunslinger, and in my experience, their quality is great.  I have a 6 year old custom with their paint, and still looks like new. 

That's good news.  I am going to assume this was nothing more than a fluke....it's not really a big deal-unless it becomes widespread with other folks running into it as well...certainly does not keep me from riding the bike.  If I was going to have a paint issue, the front fender is certainly the best place to have it!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:42 AM »

That's good news.  I am going to assume this was nothing more than a fluke....it's not really a big deal-unless it becomes widespread with other folks running into it as well...certainly does not keep me from riding the bike.  If I was going to have a paint issue, the front fender is certainly the best place to have it!

You certainly have a positive attitude about your issue.  I guess its probably a fluke issue, I saw another Breakout at my local dealer and checked it out and it looked fine.  I still wonder if its because the red ones aren't bare metal in that area.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.