Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front end wobble  (Read 1073 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Front end wobble
« on: January 06, 2007, 09:00:55 AM »

anyone experience a low speed front end wobble (when turning)....Just noticed it yesterday.  Kind of a light feeling when making a turn.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Re: Front end wobble
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 10:05:47 AM »

ive had some low speed issues and they were resolved with new rubber and balance. high speed wobble is the thing thats tough to resolve [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »

Yeah I had it Beags...for the first few thousand miles on the bike...
Ridest8 didnt help...but when it went in the shop I took the suggestions on the board here and had them tighten/check the neck and laser align the tires and rearend. My low speed problem has been gone ever since.

Mine was mainly in turns, the bike just felt like it was squirrely...not staying on track in turns...I wouldnt call it a wobble like the high speed wobble...more of a drifting off line and me having to keep compensaing to get it back on line...

Now I can onehand a sweeping turn and not even think about it.  Hope this helps.

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »

I agree with Barry, it was the same correction I made to mine.

Black Dog [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »

anyone experience a low speed front end wobble (when turning)....Just noticed it yesterday.  Kind of a light feeling when making a turn.

_Beagle
Beagle,

You didn't recently have a rear tire replaced, did you?  Reason I ask is that I noticed a strange feel on low speed turns after installing a new tire; the sudden change from a worn "flat" profile to a new  "rounded" profile had me thinking the rear wheel was loose or something.  I don't remember feeling the same affect when replacing rears on my Dyna, but the steering geometry on an eglide is totally different.  Just a thought.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.