Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Handle bar question  (Read 1224 times)

bowtech40

• Junior CVO Member
Handle bar question
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:55:36 PM »

What is the consensious of the level of comfort with the 2012 and 2013 stock bars? It is winter here, and I have not had a chance to ride my newly purchased skunk yet. I know in the past that RG riders switched out to heritage style bars, and wonder if that is still the case? I know the 13`s have 1 1/4" bars, but is it the same bend as the 12`s? I want comfort, but still want my hands behind the fairing. Not wanting to go the ape route. What are some bars suggestions, or are the cvo stockers ok? I like the Ness adjustable bars, due to the fact you can move them a bit to where you like them.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Handle bar question
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »

If I remember right, when I was lookin' I asked, the Ness bars don't allow internal wiring.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »

I don't have enough miles on mine to be certain, but I think that the stock bars may not have enough pull back for me - and that's using the stock seat.

I'm 'cursed' with long legs and average length arms.  In order to have enough legroom, my new custom relocates me back about an inch or so from the stock seat location so new bars may be required for me.

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »

I don't have enough miles on mine to be certain, but I think that the stock bars may not have enough pull back for me - and that's using the stock seat.

I'm 'cursed' with long legs and average length arms.  In order to have enough legroom, my new custom relocates me back about an inch or so from the stock seat location so new bars may be required for me.

Braymond, we should get together and work out a deal! I have average length legs and long arms! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

With that said, the stock setup is pretty comfortable for me. Bowtech, you might want to get a few miles on it to see how you fit if you aren't looking for a specific look like apes.

Enjoy!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

I swear these bikes are made for me personally, I've yet to change a set of bars or a seat. They fit me fine.  :orange:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.