Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: corbin seat w/wo studs?  (Read 2426 times)

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
corbin seat w/wo studs?
« on: August 03, 2004, 04:19:45 PM »

Hey,  has anyone bought a Corbin seat yet for the 04 SEEG?  I cant decide to get the studs on the seat or not.  Any suggesting would be appreciated.  Thanks
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
Re: corbin seat w/wo studs?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 05:11:10 PM »

I bought the dual tour heated seat from corbin. It fits great. I put some pics on one of the seat threads a few months back. If you have a Blue 04 SEEG, JCZ may still have his seat for sale. Look at the for sale threads and any of the threads that have the word seat in it.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 07:18:38 PM »

Roadrunner welcome to the site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I did not get the studs because there isn't anything else on the bike studded (like the Heritage).  

However, if you are interested in a seat without the studs please contact me.  I have a seat for sale that was on my bike for about a hundred miles.  I'm in the process of selling my bike and will not need the seat and it will be a great bargain for you.  It has the dual seat heaters, rider and passenger backrest (passenger backrest for the king tour pack).  It also has a blue flame custom stitched into it, to match the blue flames on the bike.

Email me at     jczhome@surewest.net and give me your phone number.  I'll call and we can talk.

Here is a link to my seat being made........    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=12&uid=912505&gid=4000502&

Kingsalmon, what did you pay for your seat, out the door?  Does it have both backrests?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 10:19:14 AM »

Hey JC,
I paid $739 for the dual tour heated seat, $199 for the rider backrest, $159 for the (small no arm rests) passenger backrest that mounts on the back of the chopped tourpak. No custome stitching. To me the heater is worth the extra money. I use it a lot.

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 08:48:16 AM »

I have two Corbin seats and neither have studs. Like someone else said, nothing on the bike has studs (except when I'm sitting on it... hahahaha)

I have a heated "dual tour" seat and king tour pak trunkrest with the flame stitch pattern and get lots of compliments.

I also have a "stinger" and I had the "stud band" done in perforated leather like the stock SEEG seat had and it also looks good.

I did see a SEEG with a dual tour that had black studs and it looked OK. I saw another that had the dual tour with a "tuck and roll " pattern and it also looked good. I've seen another with an "art deco" pattern.

The heated seat is worth the extra $.  If you order a heated seat you must have some sort of stitch pattern to conceal the heating elements.

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 02:59:14 AM »

When I bought the dual touring seat for my SEEG I was at Corbins facility in Daytona, I had them bring out several seats that they offered for the SEEG and it came down to the dual touring with or without studs.  Put each on the bike several times and decided on the one with the studs because I felt it looked the best and really complemented the bike.  Several people were there and all agreed that the one with the studs was the way to go.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 11:21:41 AM »

I think we need some proof so break out that digital camera and let us have a look

Please

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 04:32:54 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 01:06:32 AM »

Will get the cammera and bike togeather this weekend & show you what I am talking about.  Hope I can figure out all this technology (wife has cammera)!!

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 22 queries.