Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 softail convertible front wheel  (Read 1650 times)

blue away

2012 softail convertible front wheel
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »

I just noticed that my front rim has no weights on it but the back rim does . It's a 2012 softail convertible. I was wondering if anybody that has the same bike  missing front wheel weights as well. Thank you

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 2012 softail convertible front wheel
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »

There are times when a tire is put on a wheel and balanced that weights are not needed. I actually don't like to deal with the weights so I use the Dyno Beads when I have my tires changes and the ride is great and you don't have to worry about the weights flying off or if you don't like the look of the weights then the Dyno Beads solve that as well.

Etudeguy

blue away

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »

There are times when a tire is put on a wheel and balanced that weights are not needed. I actually don't like to deal with the weights so I use the Dyno Beads when I have my tires changes and the ride is great and you don't have to worry about the weights flying off or if you don't like the look of the weights then the Dyno Beads solve that as well.

Etudeguy
  My bike came from the factory not having wheel weights on the front tire it only had them on the back. I'm asking this because I think the wheel weight fell off the front tire. Not to mention I have a dent in my front fender and I dont know how it got there. Thank you very much for your help

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »

My bike came from the factory not having wheel weights on the front tire it only had them on the back. I'm asking this because I think the wheel weight fell off the front tire. Not to mention I have a dent in my front fender and I dont know how it got there. Thank you very much for your help

Many others with Touring CVO's have had wheel weights fly off and damage fenders, so that is a distinct possibility.  Is the dent from the inside out?  That would be a good indicator, as would some adhesive residue on the rim from where the weight was originally.  If you have the adhesive residue and the dent is from the inside out, by all means contact your dealer as it should be covered by the factory warranty.

Not all bikes have weights however.  Occasionally you can get a wheel and tire combination that is close enough it doesn't require weights, and of course you can also get one where the guy doing the wheel balancing just blew it off.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Sk8convict

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:04:05 PM »

My wife's 2012 foes not have weights on the front.

blue away

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »

My wife's 2012 foes not have weights on the front.
Thank you

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »

The weights are purely to balance the wheel when its turning! 
Wheel don't need balancing, wheel dont need no weights!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.