Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deuce tourque  (Read 3515 times)

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
Deuce tourque
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »

Ok again I am new here, new to CVO, (last august) but not new to Harley nor performance upgrade desires. As in my previous posts I have mentioned my ride is in storage, getting new tires and I have asked the dealer to do a "Baseline" dyno run. This bike was rated 91 ft lbs of torque at 3500 new in specs, I purchased it with 26,000 miles and I can see the exhaust was changed to a 2 -1 D and D 504 "FAT CAT" exhaust, have no idea of any other mods, the bike does in fact run strong, and looks just awesome.  Where do you think the torque will end up?

D and D claims

"Our testing is done with the Harley Tuner's Every pipe is designed to increase low-end torque and horsepower.  Performance increases are about 8 to 10 percent with the proper tune on the bike.

Being in the automotive technical field, these claims are routinely made, but I have never seen the proof in real life testing, once again post as to where you believe the torque will end up. I plan on getting the bike back in three weeks, I will post photos and whatever dyno stuff they pass on to me.

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

Re: Deuce tourque and Dyno 95"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:06:44 AM »

Ok, had Woodstock Harley do a "Baseline" run on my Deuce, the results are as follows, bike is stock with exception of D and D 2 into 1 exhaust, and a previously installed Screaming Eagle race tune. Max torque is 93 @ 4,200 rpms, and power is 84.18. At 3500 rpms, torque is measured @ 91.

Ok here is what I do not understand:

1. So I have no increased performance over factory with the addition of the exhaust and screaming eagle race tune?

2. Dyno guy "Dustin" claims "This bike has a horse power and torque gain over stock about 10. How? Specs say 91 @ 3,500?

3. Dyno printout shows the bike running lean air fuel ratio of over 16 at 2000 to 2500 rpms, does not come even close to 14 until 3000, but is never in their sweet spot around 13 at all.

Now I do not have the race tuner kit, purchased the bike used. How much effort do I put into this to get it correctly tuned? purchase another tuner? $250 to $400 more cash on the dyno tuning? Most of my riding I am driving less than 3,000 rpms, so mainly I am in the Lean zone.

I will upload the run sheet after my wonderful bride scans it for me.

Rich

cherryseeg2

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • J&B Performance Cycles
    • TN

• CVO1: 2003 Deuce traded for CVO 2
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
Re: Deuce tourque
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »

Harley rates their stock HP/TQ at the crank. What you have is inline with a tuned 95". If you don't have the VCI for the race tuner you are stuck buying another tuner. If it running that lean most likely it only has a canned map that is not optimal for the bike so there may be some gains with a good tune.
2005 SEEG2 J&B Performance 120 -163/144

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:10:26 PM »

I clicked on the wrong thread.  I thought this was about constipation.  Sorry.  :oops:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »

I clicked on the wrong thread.  I thought this was about constipation.  Sorry.  :oops:

That is Funny  :huepfenlol2:

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 06:14:57 AM »

Here is the Dyno results, my bride came thru

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »

Here it is, purchased another race tuner, had Woodstock Harley tune the bike. I picked it up yesterday in the rain, but now it and I are home again. Bottom line is the D and D 504 exhaust along with the proper tune, made their claimed performance increase. I never for a second thought it would be true.

Looking at the old 95CI stage II kit propaganda in the Harley marketing shows max torque at 86, and HP at 75. My end run is 96 torque and 88 HP. both numbers are said to be at the rear wheel. I will post the "propaganda" sheet in a following post for reference. 11.62% increase in torque, and a 17.3% increase in HP?

At any rate exhaust and tune are crucial in these engines.

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:04:43 AM »

This is what I feel is the best representation of the Deuce new and unmodified. Due to its really a TC88 with the Big Bore stage II kit installed ten years ago.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.