Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Riding Boots  (Read 15182 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Riding Boots
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 05:41:17 PM »

Terry, wish I'd listened. Mine came today and went back today. Ordered them in a 10 and should have ordered the 10.5. But I always wear a 10 so I thought -----. But they could not have been nicer about sending them back and have the 10.5 on the way. I am very pleased with the workmanship and the high grade leather they use. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Good deal, Mark...which style did you wind up getting?  I got a pair of the side zips to wear when I ride to work, but still like my Defenders best.  They are nice folks, so no worries!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 09:44:30 PM »

I went with the classic, I already have very comfortable 8" and 10" lace up SWAT tech boots. They have breathable uppers and can be a little chilly, so I decided to try the all leather Classic. They could not have been more accomodating in the exchange but I wish I listened to you, then I would not be waiting another week. :'(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:45:37 PM by MJZ »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 09:56:31 PM »

That's a good looking boot too, but wasn't suitable for my work...with the zips, they look kinda/sorta like a pair of regular shoes when my pants are over them.

The biggest advantage to the boots, besides the comfort, is that they are truely waterproof, so no need for protective rain gear on your feet!!  Hope they get 'em back to you soon  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

TTS Mastertune

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 08:34:14 PM »

That's a good looking boot too, but wasn't suitable for my work...with the zips, they look kinda/sorta like a pair of regular shoes when my pants are over them.

The biggest advantage to the boots, besides the comfort, is that they are truely waterproof, so [highlight]no need for protective rain gear on your feet[/highlight]!!  Hope they get 'em back to you soon  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
That's why I got 'em in the first place... got tired of 'gaiters' and/or wet feet.  Mark, glad to hear their customer service is still great. I had to exchange mine, too!
I like the hard toe, 'cause I shift a lot with the toe, and my big toe doesn't hurt now. :)
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 03:49:36 PM »

You know how after becoming so accustomed to wearing you seat belt in your cage you just feel funny without it fastened?  Well that's the way I feel about my Cruiserworks boots.  I very, very seldom ever get on my bike without them and if I do I just don't feel right.  They are so lightweight, comfortable and feel so sure-footed when stopping that just don't want to wear anything else.  Highly recommend.   [smiley=banana.gif]

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

C-DEUCE04

• Junior CVO Member
  • Yella Fella
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 07:03:46 PM »

Word to the wise...
Changing boots could mean adjusting the clutch pedal.

Got a new pair of shoes and the toe box is taller than my old ones. Found myself taking a short ass ride as I couldn't get my damn "fat toe" under the shift lever.The new boot's much stiffer and with the slight extended reach, I almost had to stand up and lean over the bars to get my boot unda' thar!
Damn you heel and toe shifters!

mrigeo

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 07:01:42 PM »

Cruiserworks are all you need. Keep my feet cool during the summer and warm in the winter. And of course dry! Walked miles and miles in my first pair in Milwaukee during the '03 party. Never had any problems. Only way to improve these boots is to have Harley dealers offer them.  ;)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 07:05:04 PM »

..... Only way to improve these boots is to have Harley dealers offer them.  ;)
Not sure if we want this? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Put
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »

Word to the wise...
Changing boots could mean adjusting the clutch pedal.

Got a new pair of shoes and the toe box is taller than my old ones. Found myself taking a short ass ride as I couldn't get my damn "fat toe" under the shift lever.The new boot's much stiffer and with the slight extended reach, I almost had to stand up and lean over the bars to get my boot unda' thar!
Damn you heel and toe shifters!
Ran into the same problem with the HD Vintages.  It's tough to get the toe under the shifter, so I just use the inside of foot to tap it up with the edge of the sole. Seems to work, but bugs me a bit.  If I try to stick the toe under, I have to balerina it, or I find myself not fully releasing the gear.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 09:26:19 AM »

Another plug for Cruiserworks based on the recommendations on this site.  I just received a pair of Defenders and they really impressed me especially the grip on the sole.  I have been riding with a HD "Ease" boot which they classify as an "after riding" boot.  Not sure why you would take off one pair of boots to put on another, but that is HD marketing for ya.  Anyway, I bought them about a year ago because they were/are very comfortable to both ride and walk in, HOWEVER, they do not wear worth a damn, the rubber sole at toe and heel have taken a beating and they now grip like ice skates, which is what motivated me to make a switch.  Sure footing is the most important factor for me and Cruiseworks delivers!  
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 07:49:41 AM »

I recently picked up a pair of Chippewa motorcycle boots (12" black Odessa Rally) . They are the best bike boots I've ever had . USA made, calf skin lined , re-inforced in the shifter area, replaceable Vibram sole , and they have a velcro entry which is a snap to get into.

They are also rebuildable although it will be a long time before they'll need it.

These are very similar to my trusty 20 + yr old Red Wing engineer boots, except made for bikes.  list was $215  I got them on sale for $125   a steal
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 10:20:19 AM »

Good to know. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Also want to thank those that turned me on to Cruiserworks, got the Classic's a couple of weeks ago, after ordering the wrong size. When they say order the largest size you can, they mean it. Took over 2 months from the time I originally ordered the wrong size but they finally made it and they are great. Very comfortable with a very good sole (soul, pun intended) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 12:06:36 PM »

Good to know. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Also want to thank those that turned me on to Cruiserworks, got the Classic's a couple of weeks ago, after ordering the wrong size. When they say order the largest size you can, they mean it. Took over 2 months from the time I originally ordered the wrong size but they finally made it and they are great. Very comfortable with a very good sole (soul, pun intended) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Damn, Mark...what kind of foot do you have?  That was a long wait, as they are usually very fast in delivery.  Oh well, all's well that ends well.

One side note about the Cruiserworks boots...I have the Defenders (lace up), and a pair of the zip ups (for when I ride to work).  I wear the Defenders 90% of the time...for a while, I was carrying a pair of shoes to wear after riding, but the boots are SO comfortable, I now just take a pair of flip-flops for use as slippers.  They are probably the most comfortable shoes/boots I own, bar none.  The odd thing about it is that they are very warm as well, but not hot in the summer  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I wear a pair of lightweight ski socks (or midweight if it's cold)...Bridgedale socks... with the boots and my feet stay absolutely toasty.

TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 12:54:19 PM »

I recently picked up a pair of Chippewa motorcycle boots (12" black Odessa Rally) . They are the best bike boots I've ever had . USA made, calf skin lined , re-inforced in the shifter area, replaceable Vibram sole , and they have a velcro entry which is a snap to get into.

They are also rebuildable although it will be a long time before they'll need it.

These are very similar to my trusty 20 + yr old Red Wing engineer boots, except made for bikes.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »

No claim to waterproof;

Men's Chippewa Motorcycle Black 27862

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.