Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Paint Problems 2007  (Read 10065 times)

DanR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE BLUE
Re: Here we go...2007 Paint issues??..
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 07:10:45 PM »

Had my bike at the dealer today to go over some warranty stuff after the "fine tooth comb" treatment..

1) Front fairing has three fingerprints (that's right, fingerprints) UNDERNEATH the clearcoat.

2) Front fender in the dark blue area has a "spotty" finish.  Looks as though they were at the bottom of the spray container and it didn't get a full coat.

3) Fairing lowers top caps in front did not fit properly, tight on top and bulging out on bottom.  They tried to fix it in the parking lot by tightening them down and they still are not fitting properly.

The Service guy there was really good about the whole thing and is ordering a new fairing, but said that the Harley rep should look at the fender.  When it's in for the 1000 mile, they're going to try to correct the fitment issue with lowers.

I have the R/B  and the left rear bag had SAGS - almost runs in the paint. Dealer order new bag bottom and I had it replaced withing 2 weeks. New bags fine. Make you wonder about factory quality control.  BTW I saw a Blue one in Nashville last week, I must say the Blue is much better looking then I thought it would be.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 08:41:18 PM »

My tank has marks under the paint around the left side badge like there was some grinder marks that were not smoothed out >:( Have to look from underside of  bike to see it and light has to hit just right.Also badge is peeling off at the front edge of the same area about an inch back. I guess these blue bikes are just to fast to keep the badges on

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 09:27:26 PM »

Add another to the list. Mine came with a small run on the edge of the rt saddle bag lid, & they seemed to assemble the fairing before paint was cured so when they tightened the windshield screws it made the paint "buldge" around the top of the screws. Dealer was great about ordering new pieces. I have been waiting about a month for the parts to come in now. Just seems like a total Quality Control issue.  I wish the MOCO would take as much pride in these motorcycles as the buyers do.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »

What do you want for $35,000!!! :'(....PLUS tax!! :'(  
Very frustrating for you guys, I'm sure.....

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 11:06:06 PM »

Finger prints seem to be pretty common.  Buddy with a new SE Road King has 3 in his paint on different parts.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 11:07:08 PM by mr_magoo »
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
Re: Paint Problems 2007
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »

Have a bud in Maine who took delivery of a Lightning Jester and he's got no prob's either.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:49:43 PM by hdfatboy »

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 10:42:20 PM »

Found out today new tank is on the way. 6-8 weeks?
My tank has marks under the paint around the left side badge like there was some grinder marks that were not smoothed out >:( Have to look from underside of

harleydog413

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 10:39:43 PM »

Unfortunatley, I noticed a bubble in paint at windshield middle screw on front fairing. I have owned bike since 9-8 and paint was perfect at time of delivery. Not looking forward to downtime for repair. Any comments on HD paint issue response and quality of repair work? :'(
Harleydog

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 12:58:59 AM »

As I posted earlier I have pretty much the same problem with fairing and mine has been on order for about two months & still no idea when the new part will come in. It's all about the wait. At least we still get to enjoy the bike while we wait for the new paint.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

braton84

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 08:31:53 PM »

Hello all! I guess i'm the new guy for now.  I have been lurking for way too long! Thanks for all the great information (very helpful) hopefully I can return the goodwill. I had the same bubbling on the windshield fairing screws and was told it was caused by over tightening. The replacement fairing came in at 6 weeks.

harleydog413

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 11:05:03 PM »

Thanks for the info Braton84. Hopefully we don't have any other areas that were "over tightened"
Harleydog

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »

Thanks for the info Braton84. Hopefully we don't have any other areas that were "over tightened"

This is a common thing accross all years...unless you have a finely calibrated elbow, it is extremely easy to overtighten the windshield bolts, so expect this issue to reappear down the road. My inch pound torque wrench won't even go as low as the setting recommended to tighten these bolts. The good thing is that it can be solved with the chrome strip...covers up the "bubble" on the clearcoat and it's another piece of CHROME...plus, it more evenly distrubutes the tension around the bolts.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 11:02:17 PM »

:) No problems here, paint is really awesome.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:31:47 PM by hd-dude »
Andy

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 10:06:20 PM »

mine seems pretty good except right rear saddle bag has more silver on the very bottom of tail end of the bags than the left side. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »

No 07 paint problems at all here. Don't leave the dealership with problems inspect them close.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.