Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Long distance trip  (Read 13808 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
Re: Long distance trip
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 05:26:40 PM »

I have a 2012 cvo convertible and road Pittsburgh to Laconia, NH, to Bar Harbor, ME. and back for a total of 1800 miles in eight days and had no issues with the seat.

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:54 AM »

My wife (66 years old) rode her 2012 Softail Convertible from Indiana to Colorado last year.  And this year she followed me to Maine.  She has about 40K miles on it now.
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:11 AM »

My wife (66 years old) rode her 2012 Softail Convertible from Indiana to Colorado last year.  And this year she followed me to Maine.  She has about 40K miles on it now.

Damn you guys do some riding...and I thought I was doing ok on my 2012 with my 16k miles. I am humbled. Although it does show how comfy the bike is. I have done pittsburgh to Indianapolis, ID only stopping for fuel and rode to Laconia, NH and Bar Harbor, ME this past June. Wish I had more time to ride.
You guys stay safe.

Mrs C

• Junior CVO Member
  • Maxine
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »

I have 52,000k on my 2012 and she still has a couple of away weekends before storage :)
Life is like a coin, you can spend it any way you wish...but you can only spend it once!

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 11:54:37 PM »

I have 52,000k on my 2012 and she still has a couple of away weekends before storage :)

Hey Mrs C,
When does your riding season end up north there? So how has the convertible held up after 52k miles? Any major fixes needed? I see you have the blue...thats my second favorite 2012 convertible color.

Mrs C

• Junior CVO Member
  • Maxine
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 07:00:07 AM »

2 Rose
No major issues thus far.  Have replaced the tires twice.  Riding goes until the frost hits the ground, usually the end of October.  It's getting a wee bit nippy now. :)
Life is like a coin, you can spend it any way you wish...but you can only spend it once!

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »

2 Rose
No major issues thus far.  Have replaced the tires twice.  Riding goes until the frost hits the ground, usually the end of October.  It's getting a wee bit nippy now. :)

52K miles and only changed tires twice?  My wife only gets about 10K on her tires on her Softail Convertible.  Be careful and make sure to replace them when they get down to 2/32 tread.
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »

52K miles and only changed tires twice? 

That is what I thought!  I am on my 4 set of tires with a little over 30k on mine.  Just put on Metzler 880's to see how they do.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 12:34:37 AM »

That is what I thought!  I am on my 4 set of tires with a little over 30k on mine.  Just put on Metzler 880's to see how they do.

Yeah I got 10k (9500 to be exact) miles on the original front and rear tires and may have been pushing that some.  Most people I've talked to do not get much more than that.

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 11:08:03 AM »

Rode one from Tucson home to British Columbia.  Luggage behind as a backrest was pricelist.  Nice easy rider kind of posture.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »

Yeah the larger size HD luggage sitting on the passenger seat is very comfy. Also highway pegs do come in handy. And that cruise control...how did I ever survive without it???

finn

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »

Did a 2000 mile trip this past summer from GR to Detroit then up to the U.P. and back.......love my CVO Conv........through rain and wind she was solid, when guys on their earlier model Street glides were getting all squirly on that skinny tire. Cant wait to get back from Afghanistan and head south to Key West for some much needed two wheel therapy. JC
thanks for serving and GOD bless you......served 1969 to 1975.

Old Spice

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2015, 12:09:33 PM »

Just returned from a 7,800 mile 3 week vacation. Last year it was 9,000 miles in three weeks. I have had my 2012 Convertible for about a year and a half and I have put more than 25,000 miles on it. It only had 2,000 on it when I bought it. As far as comfort goes I agree that the pack on the passenger seat makes a great backrest. I guess I have a hard ass because the seat really isn't an issue for me. If I were to find something to complain about, the things that I found myself dealing with were: 1) I was riding with two other people, one on a Honda F6B and the other was on a HD Ultra. We rode in several downpours and I was the one that suffered the most. Not a bike that will protect you from the weather. 2) I am short (5 ft.) and love that I can flatfoot this bike but on long trips where I am straddled across it all day, I am finding that the cap on the oil bag is branding me. I purposely wear heavier jeans but it still is so hot that I have a large purple place on the back of my thigh on long trips and for a few weeks afterward. 3) When I first bought it my left hand would just ache after a long day. Now I guess that I have gotten used to the clutch and now it is not a big deal. I have noticed that I now have a pronounced tendon from my thumb to my middle finger though. What I would say to you....If you love this bike, ride it! You will adjust or you will decide that this is not the bike for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.