Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New HD (Screamin' Eagle) Primary chain tensioner  (Read 26625 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: New HD (Screamin' Eagle) Primary chain tensioner
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 11:52:46 PM »

i had the auto tensioner on my 04 with a Baker primary chain and their DD6..   within 2 years it ruined the chain,.,, now i am back with an old style adjustable one and been nice and quiet since.... :nixweiss:

Hilly13

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 04:28:59 AM »

Gday, I know this thread is getting on but thought I would share my experience with the SE Adjuster, I got one when they became available in Oz.
I found that it was  very noisy! I thought that I could live with it, well the love affair is over, I have tried the fixes discussed on other forums to no avail. Have put my stock one back in for now.
If you have a dedicated drag bike that is just strip ridden then it would be sweet as the racket would not be an issue, but for the road its a no go, way too loud.

Cheers

Hilly

PosseRider

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 11:34:33 AM »

:cherry:

Here is the answer I went with a few yrs ago,  Give it a try.

http://www.sohotbikes.com/wedge.html
Looks like the SE one,just doesn't say SE.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »

:confused5:

Posserider..........The SOHOT tensioner uses hydraulics via the primary oil to activate it.   The SE tensioner is manual.......you lock it down as tight or loose as you desire.  Thus,  they are not the same. :drink:

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »

If you're a member of Harley Tech Talk forum, there's a thread where others have had similiar experience as you...

http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php/topic,61030.msg652760.html#msg652760
I put one in my 2012 limited and it sounded so bad I never took it off the lift and put the stock tensioner back in. I have one forsale cheap if someone wants it.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

Kathy

• Hayden Enterprises
  • Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • Hayden Enterprises - M6 Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »

The 'new' SE adjuster has to be manually adjusted and seems to be a step back in time if you ask us. The Hayden automatic primary chain adjuster has been eliminating this problem for almost 25 years. The M6BT07 (for 2007 and newer bikes) will make your bike click into gear instead of clunk. Easier to find neutral. Longer chain life. Less vibration. And much less stress and wear on your bearings, seals and everything else. Take a look at the video on our website. http://haydensm6.com and remember, we"re here to help.
http://www.haydensm6.com

We're here to help.

jwtjt

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »

the Haden doesn't last Ive wore out two of them the material the use suck

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »

the Haden doesn't last Ive wore out two of them the material the use suck
:-\
Hey Newbie....Many riders have used the Hayden tensioner with very good results.  In fact,  I believe some police depts. use them on their cop bikes.  I'm no paid spokeman for them,  but recognize they have been in business for many years and that wouldn't be the case if most users had the problems you seem to have experienced.

You might want to be more specific as to what year your bike is and how many miles did you get with the Hayden on it before something went wrong and what exactly did go wrong :nixweiss: The fact that you "wore out two of them" suggests something besides the (Hayden unit) as being a cause. :confused5:

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 09:44:44 AM »

i have gone back to the stock auto tensioner, if you call the folks at hayden they will make it rite, the SE unit is a POS and they wont do $#!p if you want to return it,,, my 2cents 
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Kathy

• Hayden Enterprises
  • Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • Hayden Enterprises - M6 Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »

Hayden Enterprises can offer you a solution to this problem (and other issues you will have from a 'too tight' primary chain). With over 25 years behind us, we can offer you a tried and true remedy. Our M6BT07 addresses 2007 and newer bikes. The stock adjuster can only recognize a loose spot in your chain and ratchet itself tighter. Too tight of a chain will cause loud whirling, premature wear on your transmission mainshaft and cranksharf bearings and seals. Our chain tensioner floats on springs allowing the chain to move up and down as the bike requires. Your shifting will improve and drivetrain vibration will decrease. You'll even find it easier to find neutral. Your bike will click into gear instead of clunk. Please visit our web site, watch a short video and review our product.

http://haydensm6.com/m6_bt07.htm
http://www.haydensm6.com

We're here to help.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.