Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evening ride home on the Breakout...its finally breathing!  (Read 1087 times)

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
Evening ride home on the Breakout...its finally breathing!
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »

So I run to work this morning but had to take my truck since I needed to go out to a construction site, but by 11am it was sneaking up on low 60's.  So I haul ass back to the apartment about 50 miles away and grab the bike. Nice liesurely ride back to work. Put it on cruise at 80mph. Spent more time riding around town than I did working in the afternoon. Make it to the gym before heading back to Casper, WY. As I'm pulling out I can feel the temp changing but not really that big of a deal. Still pretty warm. I jump on I-25 and I can just feel the difference in the performance. Speed limit is 75mph, I spent most of this trip in the 85-90mph range. Was going to slow down and just cruise, but I look toward Casper Mountain and I see this ominous cloud. I mean like some Lord of the Rings type chit. Thought I was riding towards mount doom. Wind starts picking up a little, but not enough to slow me down. Pantera and godsmack really didn't want to let me do that. Got plenty of looks on the way home. Not sure if they were looking at the bike or giving me a look like I was out of my mind since I stayed in the left lane and just passed everybody! (That would be a good excuse..Yes officer I realize the left lane is for passing but I was trying to pass everyone) Pull into Casper, which isn't a big town its around 50,000 people, and I'm like 5 or 6 blocks from the house and it starts raining. I mean pussies and hounds raining (cats and dogs for those who didn't get it). I haven't seen rain in a long time so I'm not really sure what to make of it. Kinda killed two birds with one stone, bike needed a wash and since I just left the gym I really needed one too. Point to all this other than I'm psyched from having an awesome ride is that pipes and tuner of your choice make a world of difference. It was like really setting the Breakout loose for the first time.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
Re: Evening ride home on the Breakout...its finally breathing!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:36:21 PM »

Glad your happy mate!  :beerchug:
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

OXMP

• Loud Pipes Save Lives!

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BreakOut Silver
    • CVO2: 1999 FX-DWG
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:46:49 AM »

Awesome pipe! frikkin Awesome! Havent a clue where Casper WY is (some in the north of the USA?) but just read your story to my girls (I have 3) and they all ride pillion with my wife (on her Deluxe) and I (previously on a '99 Wide Glide). I havent weakened yet for the sissy bar for the Break Out ... seems kind of wrong to put a sissty bar on this bike. remind me again what pipes + tuner you fitted? Im stil toying with what V&H to put on mine ... Ciao from South Africa !

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »

I went with the SERT and Bassani Road Rage 2-1 shorts originally made for the Rocker.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »

If you are wondering where Casper, WY is just look a little to the southwest of Sturgis, SD! About 200 miles.

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »

Sounds like you're having a ball on your bike LP .
Awesome  :2vrolijk_21:
Enjoy  :pepper:

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.