Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2013 CVO road glide  (Read 5745 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: 2013 CVO road glide
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:21:23 PM »

I have had major buffeting issues as well. I am 6.3 also but with only 31inch inseam. I went thru about 5 different shields until the Cee Baileys Cglide 16 inch which has finally cured my problem . I hope this helps
Alan

Tele

• dream as if you'll live for ever
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 04:44:00 AM »

THanks i'll give it a go

Sharkbiker

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »

I have the CVO RG Anniversary edition. I'm also 6'-3" and had the same questions about the windshield since the little Windsplitter that was stock just didn't work for me in January and February.  I bought the Cee Baileys 15" light gray and it worked perfectly but I didn't like the fact it now looked like a police bike.  I went with the 14" dark smoked Cee Baileys and love love love it.  Cool look and it blocks mos of the wind.  Only get a little on top of my forehead. So now after three months and 3,000 miles I've been infected by the HD sickness.  I've been riding Harleys for over 20-years and this is my second CVO.  The 110" motor is a bit of a slug but with great potential.   took it to the best builder/tuner I could find in Florida.  Doc's Performance Tuning.  Installed the D&D Fat Cats 2 into 1 pipe with ghost pipe. Doc sent my heads to T-Man in North Carolina to be flowed and ported.  T-Man increased the size of my intake and exhaust valves. flowed milled the heads by .032.  When Doc got the heads back he couldn't seat the valves so he had to install adjustable push rods and a Cometic head gasket.  He also installed a TTS Master Tuner and tuned up my bike perfectly.  Now when I twist the throttle it really goes.  He kept the SE 255 cams since I was looking for more torque in the "riding range" of 2,000 - 4,750 RPM.  I now have at the rear wheel 124.77 foot pounds of torque and it is really a torque monster.  Even riding two-up I can pass anything without down-shifting. My gas mileage actually when up, not down. If I ride solo, don't get crazy and stay under 80-mph I get around 44-mpg. The other improvements I made were installing the Progressive Suspension Monotube kit for the forks.  What a huge difference.  No more front end diving when I apply the front brakes. Its like riding on rails. I also installed Yaffe mirrors, the floorboard extensions that extend the floorboards 1" out, highway pegs, Magic Lights programmable brake light strobe module and the Fat Baggers Inc. 'FBI" plate holder.I'm having KTS Kustoms 14" Mayhem bars and the ZUMO 665 GPS installed this weekend. I had to take off the heel shifter cuz my size 14's wouldn't fit between the toe and heel shift levers.  Hope you enjoy your new CVO as much as I'm enjoying mine.  Ride safe and best of luck.

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »

I'm also 6'3'' and after a few windshields stayed with the Windvest 15. I'll go with a shorty from time to time since I'm gonna get hit with air, I'll take the full hit and deal with it using a full face helmet.
I'll never be happy with the wind issue on this bike, my old road king was nice with a Corbin seat and a stock tall windshield, I didn't feel any wind what's so ever :)
2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.