Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baffles gone, XM on - THANKS TO THIS SITE !!  (Read 747 times)

paprgod

• Ridin' Harleys for 33 of my 49 years.

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Black & Blacker
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCU
    • CVO3: 1977 XLCR
Baffles gone, XM on - THANKS TO THIS SITE !!
« on: April 06, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »

I just wanted to thank the contributors to this great site for figuring out so many ways to make these awesome bikes even more enjoyable.

This weekend, I installed the splice-in harness that I made from instructions found on here and installed the XM module from my 2010 SESG that I had purchased the lifetime subscription for.  I was SO disappointed that Harley Davidson had done away with that option for 2012 and would have had to sell the module and go without XM if someone hadn't figured this out.  The installation looks like the factory did it and when I turned the switch, the XM came right on and nothing melted down or stopped working.  This is a big accomplishment as I am definitely electrically retarded.

I was so happy to get that done on Friday night that I followed it up by drilling the baffles out of the stock mufflers this afternoon.  I will still probably install BUB7 TDX duals down the road - had 'em on the 2010 and loved the look/sound/performance - but what a GREAT improvement in sound for no cost at all (I already owned the right size hole saw)!!

Again, thanks to those of you with the courage and expertise to cut into a $30,000 motorcycle and make it better, then publish the results so an idiot like me can benefit from your work.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!
2012 FLHXSE3

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.