Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: UPDATED - New Mods, Show Us Your best Mods On Your CVO Convertibles!!!  (Read 34440 times)

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
Re: A Few New Mods!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »

Hey Charlie,
I talked to my motor guy about those plug wires and he advised me not to get them for two reasons;
1) Plugs are only 8mm which cuts back horsepower. My bike is already at 118hp. 12mm gives you 2-4hp more.
2) Be careful on which wires to use cause they can short out capacitors in your bike. Only three types of wires are recommended they are Screaming Eagle (Harley), S & S, I forgot the last one :-\.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 10:46:43 PM »

Hi Paconico1992,
Thanks for the feedback,
I did check this with the tech guy when i took the bike in! he said he had checked these leads on a Dyno and they showed exactly the same as the Screaming Eagle leads!!
I'm going to ask a couple of guys i know and look into it further,
The bike is going in for a tune in a couple of weeks so once its tuned ill get them to give it a run with the Uskool leads and then the Screaming Eagle to see what the charts say!
Thanks, Charlie
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »

Let me know the results

Thanks

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 08:30:34 AM »

Let me know the results

Thanks
Will do!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 03:01:19 AM »

Couple of better shots taken today!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:53:14 AM by Charlie »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 03:08:00 AM »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 03:36:55 AM »

Roland Sands, Clarity Derby Cover.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:45:13 AM by Charlie »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2013, 03:40:12 AM »

Roland Sands, Clarity Cam Cover.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:45:47 AM by Charlie »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2013, 03:44:12 AM »

Wards Parts Works, Engine Cooling Fans
Performance Machine, Merc Horn Cover
UsKoolines High Performance XS ignition Leads
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:50:49 AM by Charlie »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2013, 03:56:31 AM »

Rinehart Crossback Exhaust, SEPST

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2013, 04:38:58 AM »

Rinehart Crossback Exhaust, SEPST

Hey Charlie, nice bike u have there. Authentic taste.

Need to ask you about the oil cooler, I checked the one for our bike & it comes only with black cover. What part number is that oil cooler

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »

Hi Hadye,

The part number for the oil cooler is 26157-07
The chrome cover comes as part of the kit,

When you ask for a oil cooler for the convertible, the dealers get confused! the reason being is because the kit i mentioned above is for non ABS bikes! and the convertible has ABS!
Normally the center mounted oil cooler would not fit a bike with ABS but on the convertible the ABS system is hidden so its not a problem!

Thanks,
Charlie

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 07:57:25 AM »

Hi Hadye,

The part number for the oil cooler is 26157-07
The chrome cover comes as part of the kit,

When you ask for a oil cooler for the convertible, the dealers get confused! the reason being is because the kit i mentioned above is for non ABS bikes! and the convertible has ABS!
Normally the center mounted oil cooler would not fit a bike with ABS but on the convertible the ABS system is hidden so its not a problem!

Thanks,
Charlie

I was sure of that, they sure get confused even when I contacted John from Newcastle HD he also mentioned that it is not compatible. That a very important addition to the bike especially in our "warm" weather :))

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »

Hi Hadye,
Warm weather! Already hit 39c in Dubai today! 8)
I'm mad on trying to keep the motor cooler!
First I fitted the HD Premium Oil Cooler, (first mod I made on the bike!)
Then went on to fit the Wards Parts Works Cooling Fans, they are great, they have a thermal switch that makes the fans kick in at a given temperature when necessary, (direct cooling to the cylinder heads!)also look great! IMO!
My next and final cooling mod will be to fit a Jagg fan assisted Oil cooler to run simultaneously in a loop with the HD Cooler! Just waiting for them to give a Chrome option to keep with the look of the bike!
Thanks,
Charlie
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:51:39 AM by Charlie »

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 07:52:53 AM »

Your clarity line covers looks great, to be honest the entire bike looks great too! ;)
Next step you'll have to make a video to see the clarity line covers in action!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.