Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: SO Fullsac DX headers installed with Fullsac 2.25 SD still looking for more  (Read 4583 times)

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member

If you want it louder, pull all the packing, run the can dry. Ride down your street wide open.
If the neighbors flip you off with both hands instead of the usual one, your going in the right direction!
If you don't like it, you can always put it back in. We are only talking about a 15 minute two beer sound test.

Steve
LOL!
Steve, that had to be one of the funniest replies by you...
2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61

it was packing from the stock cores jr . did you get your fender back yet? cant wait to see it.

Supposed to be Tuesday but well all know how painters are!! :cherry:

I didn't wrap my cores and they sound good. Not tinny like my unwrapped Fat Cat

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others

Have you considered buying cores from Rinehaet and putting them in your stock exhaust?  It's a great option for those who want to keep the look of the CVO pipes but want sound and performance of Rinehart.

Are you talking about these?
http://rinehartracing.com/accessories/baffles/100-0111
Looks like a little work to make them fit the stock cvo cans.
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

Steve,
Per a prev reply, Install Rinehart internals for performance...
Would you agree that Rinehart baffles are superior to Fullsacs?

If being louder and slower is superior, I quess they have me covered.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member

Steve, I'll stay away from the noise and I like the fact that its not annoyingly loud,
Keeping the Sleeper look and not compromising performance, I'm very happy with the sound.
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded

Steve, Now on my fourth fullsac setup on my fourth bike, IMHO there is nothing better!!!
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member

Steve, I have the sleeves with acting now, If I were to run the cores unwrapped will I lose power and back pressure?
Seems as it may affect performance with Any slight mods to the setup.
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

Steve, I have the sleeves with acting now, If I were to run the cores unwrapped will I lose power and back pressure?
Seems as it may affect performance with Any slight mods to the setup.

The sleeves keep the packing in place against the outer wall where it belongs. Wrapping the cores is not recommended for performance.

Steve

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide

Steve, I admire your patience.  Read almost any article on this forum about Fullsac and it's clear that if you want a much improved sound (but not obnoxiously loud) and improved performance, then go with Fullsac.  If you want REALLY loud, look for something else. There are many choices out there. It seems that many of us (but not all) are getting away from the LOUD and going more towards..."nice deep rumble that shows up when you twist the throttle".(Fullsac).

I had D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 on my 09 SERG and performance was on par (maybe slightly better due to a cam install) with my current 13 CVO Ultra.  I was ok with the louder sound on the 09, but with this new bike I made a decision to not go so loud.  For me, Fullsac was the perfect solution in both sound and performance....and no one should ever question the quality of your products...1st class.

So last week, on the way home from AZ Bike Week, I stopped by Fullsac for the Stage 1 kit, installed by Steve.  2" baffle, sleeve, dx pipe, TTS and dyno.  Spent half the money I spent on the FatCats/dyno, etc and I absolutely love the sound and performance.  Probably sold you 2 more sets just be stopping into my local HD store last weekend.  Thanks.

Alan

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member

Spell check is not working,
Steve, thanks for the response, If we as Core users want more noise, Removing the packing feom the Core is not going to affect performance I hope not Backpressure either.
Thanks.
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams

CVCVORG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE BLUE

The guys that have the Rinehart cores are using 2 inch, but I didn't see them othe link.

2.25 inch cores typically flow too much air and sacrifice back pressure/ torque

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

Steve, I admire your patience.  Read almost any article on this forum about Fullsac and it's clear that if you want a much improved sound (but not obnoxiously loud) and improved performance, then go with Fullsac.  If you want REALLY loud, look for something else. There are many choices out there. It seems that many of us (but not all) are getting away from the LOUD and going more towards..."nice deep rumble that shows up when you twist the throttle".(Fullsac).

I had D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 on my 09 SERG and performance was on par (maybe slightly better due to a cam install) with my current 13 CVO Ultra.  I was ok with the louder sound on the 09, but with this new bike I made a decision to not go so loud.  For me, Fullsac was the perfect solution in both sound and performance....and no one should ever question the quality of your products...1st class.

So last week, on the way home from AZ Bike Week, I stopped by Fullsac for the Stage 1 kit, installed by Steve.  2" baffle, sleeve, dx pipe, TTS and dyno.  Spent half the money I spent on the FatCats/dyno, etc and I absolutely love the sound and performance.  Probably sold you 2 more sets just be stopping into my local HD store last weekend.  Thanks.

Alan

Glad your happy with my stuff Alan. It was a pleasure meeting you and working for you!

You guys that want it louder can pull all the packing and run the can dry. That's about as loud as it gets while still making good power.
If you still think its not loud enough, ride up next to a cop and rev it up real good a few times and see if you can get his opinion? If its works out,
you can staple your new sound certificate to your dyno chart. Nothing cooler than that. Lol..

Steve

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member

I'm not a big Rinehart fan that's why I'm asking would much rather keep the fullsac's  for performance
I'll try taking the packing out my next weekend off
thanks
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

I'm not a big Rinehart fan that's why I'm asking would much rather keep the fullsac's  for performance
I'll try taking the packing out my next weekend off
thanks

I always have to give the (I want it louder guys) a little jab, I hope you don't mind. Lol..   :bananarock:

I do appreciate your business!  :2vrolijk_21:

Steve

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)

Here's something that everyone needs to start considering, if you aren't already:  Noise pollution is being more and more regulated in communities across the country.  Yes, it is difficult to enforce, but it still happens.  There is a point at which any reasonable person becomes annoyed by obnoxiously loud exhaust levels, and when enough people become annoyed, local ordinances will be passed and fines will be levied.  And typically, whenever something like that has to be legislated, the results are generally more draconian than most riders would like.  So it is incumbent upon motorcycle owners/riders to self regulate and install exhaust systems that are not obnoxiously loud...most riders vary in how that is defined, but unless self regulation becomes more the norm, it will be regulated for you, like it or not.

It is one thing to have a Harley that has a nice "rumble" at idle and during acceleration, but it is an entirely different matter when exhaust noise causes car alarms to go off, interrupts conversation, causes people to literally have to put their fingers in their ears, or otherwise causes the average citizen to begin complaining about "bikers" who have loud exhausts.  Whether you or I agree with it or not, if the biker community does not begin to consider self regulation, it WILL be done for you, and there is about a 100% probability that you won't like the results.

I am not saying that brand X or brand Y is too loud, because it will not matter what I think, nor what you think...it will matter what those who are offended think, and ultimately what the local enforcement officials think.  This is not a political statement, or a statement about what is "right" or what is "wrong"...it is a statement about the reality of what is currently happening across many jurisdictions.

Just some food for thought...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 21 queries.