Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Side Licence plate holder  (Read 1916 times)

Ken_CVO

HD Side Licence plate holder
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »

Hi to everyone

I am new to this forum. My Breakout CVO is at the dealers and waiting on me. But I would like to collect it with all the mods done.

In Switzerland , we can't have side mounts.... which seems to be the case for other countries after doing some research on this forum. I am after the original HD one that you guys can get in the US (in chrom). My dealer is trying to order it but is quoting me a mid may delivery. Would anyone know where I could find one immediately? And what the price of the part is? I can organize a Fedex pickup if necessary.

Cheers for the help

tincup64

• Junior CVO Member
Re: HD Side Licence plate holder
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »

i'd like to know this as well

tin

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:07:49 PM »

Hi to everyone

I am new to this forum. My Breakout CVO is at the dealers and waiting on me. But I would like to collect it with all the mods done.

In Switzerland , we can't have side mounts.... which seems to be the case for other countries after doing some research on this forum. I am after the original HD one that you guys can get in the US (in chrom). My dealer is trying to order it but is quoting me a mid may delivery. Would anyone know where I could find one immediately? And what the price of the part is? I can organize a Fedex pickup if necessary.

Cheers for the help

Hi ken,

Welcome!  I was in Geneva on business last year, and got a chance to go up to Zermatt over the weekend.  Wow, what a beautiful country you have...outstanding.

So, my dealer installed the Kuryakyn side mount plate on my FXSBSE, and my HD side plate hardware is at my dealer's waiting for me to pick up.  I'll give it to you free of charge if you cover the shipping... I can pick up the parts tomorrow.

Let me know, OK?

Jeff
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Ken_CVO

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »

Hi Jeff

I am very fortunate to live here in Switzerland, Zermatt is a beautiful resort, very unique with it's no cars policy and the views are breathtaking. If you ever come this way on business again, please let me know. Would be glad to show you the other beautiful parts of Switzerland.

If you don't want your side plate mounting kit, I will take it from you with pleasure. I can organize a fedex/DHL pickup at my charge. I just need your address and phone number and I can organize it from here.  I would be more than happy to pay something for it, or at least send you some swiss chocolates?

Just to be sure, it's the chrome one that comes with the bike originally?

Thanks

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »

Hi Ken,

PM sent to you..
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

ChromeDream

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout Liquid Sun
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »

Hi Ken_CVO

Are you aware of the following allowed side mount?

http://www.bossparts.ch/kennzeichenhalter/

I choosed the one with chrome. :-)

Cheers!
Chrome

Ken_CVO

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »

Hi Chrome

I saw those ones, but I am really after the full chrome one which I believes suits the bike better.

I guess I will just have to wait 10days before my dealer gets the part..... good thing the weather is bad and wouldn't be able to use it anyway if it was in the garage

Thanks for link

ChromeDream

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 12:48:50 AM »

Hi Ken

I said exactly the same as you, I would have the mount in full chrome, first. But since I realized, that the black/chrome mount would well fit the black "Schwinge" (sorry, don't know the word in English) of my liquid sun Breakout, I think this mount would well fit my idea. :) I'll know it this weekend.

In which region do you live in Switzerland, btw?

Enjoy

Ken_CVO

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:51:06 AM »

Hi Chrome

I live in Geneva

I have the black CVO and the swing arm is grey, so chrome will probably look better. Will try the US one and if I don't like it will change to the Swiss one or get one made to measure.

ChromeDream

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »

Hi Ken

With your color I would probably also go for the chrome one. I saw a holder in the past which really looked very nice. But unfortunately I don't know the brand or producer.

Let us see the US version as soon you got it.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.