Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: I want to put the handle bars from the standard breakout on my CVO breakout  (Read 4492 times)

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member

I stopped by the HD store today and they had a black Breakout and I almost liked it better than mine. I love the long risers with just the almost straight bar. It looks a lot cooler than the old manish bars on the CVO. would it be easy to do this or not?

jlsnyderCVO

• Junior CVO Member

You won't be able to switch out the risers due to the fact that the speedo is all one piece with the bottom section of our riser, and those bars are not equipped for internal wires or the drive-by-wire throttle. 

There are bar available and I'm looking to take this venture soon...  :coolblue:
2013 CVO Breakout - SE120R
[/URL]
Please find my introduction post here:jlsnyderCVO BREAKOUT

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member

What bars are available?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!

and I almost liked it better than mine. I love the long risers with just the almost straight bar.

wow, seriously?  black spoke wheels right off a Sporty, dual color exhaust(whose idea was that anyway?), standard paint, standard fuel tank, no cruise, 103 motor, standard black frame, stock HD seat.....not even in the ballpark of liking it anywhere close to my CVO.

I have mentioned before that I really dig the drag bar though as you do.  I sat on a standard CVO in my dealer the other day though, and it forces a forward leaning riding position.  Not good for long distance riding, at least in my case.  but it does give the bike an even more slammed look.

I can understand where folks might not like the CVO bars....they do look like they came off a Schwinn bicycle  ;D

But they make for an incredibly comfortable riding position....the best I have ever experienced on an HD.
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

jlsnyderCVO

• Junior CVO Member

What bars are available?

Well the two bars that I'm currently in between right now are the 'Bag Drags' by Carlini Design that will fit with the addition of a riser adapter, and the 'Knuckle Bars' by Wild Ones which I haven't verified about the drive-by-wire as of yet. (Should know by today)  The biggest problem I'm dealing with, is the fact that we're stuck with the OEM riser and adding a conventional set of drag bars with no rise will put you back into a crotch rocket riding position.  However the tricycle bars have to go...  :P

Also, Carlini makes another new bar called 'Evil Knuckles' that are slowly growing on me.  :coolblue:  This is a time consuming project that takes immense patients, and I only want to do it once...
[/URL]

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

yes! you nailed it......tricycle bars...that's what they remind me of.....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member

wow, seriously?  black spoke wheels right off a Sporty, dual color exhaust(whose idea was that anyway?), standard paint, standard fuel tank, no cruise, 103 motor, standard black frame, stock HD seat.....not even in the ballpark of liking it anywhere close to my CVO.

I have mentioned before that I really dig the drag bar though as you do.  I sat on a standard CVO in my dealer the other day though, and it forces a forward leaning riding position.  Not good for long distance riding, at least in my case.  but it does give the bike an even more slammed look.

I can understand where folks might not like the CVO bars....they do look like they came off a Schwinn bicycle  ;D

But they make for an incredibly comfortable riding position....the best I have ever experienced on an HD.

I said almost. I did not like the wheels and I did not like the two tone pipes but I dont like the pipes on the CVO model either. I dont use the cruise, I liked the stealth look of the black paint and the black frame matches it. I can put a fuel cap on it like the CVO model. If I were to order one I would order the SE120 and get more power. I have a CVO and Im happy with it except for the pipes and the tricycle bars. I really like the looks of the regular Breakout bars though. It would make the bike look even more amazing.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

I said almost. I did not like the wheels and I did not like the two tone pipes but I dont like the pipes on the CVO model either. I dont use the cruise, I liked the stealth look of the black paint and the black frame matches it. I can put a fuel cap on it like the CVO model. If I were to order one I would order the SE120 and get more power. I have a CVO and Im happy with it except for the pipes and the tricycle bars. I really like the looks of the regular Breakout bars though. It would make the bike look even more amazing.

Yea, I knew what you meant.....just giving you a hard time ....the exposed fuel vent lines over the top of the CVO tank is one of the coolest design features I have ever seen on an HD...very unique for a production bike...

Yep, when I saw the standard prod bike on the floor, I was immediately drawn to that drag bar....great for handling and looks fantastic...

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member

The Super Sweeps from Carlini designs look pretty cool but I dont know if they would work.

jlsnyderCVO

• Junior CVO Member

The Super Sweeps from Carlini designs look pretty cool but I dont know if they would work.

Those are the exact bars I had on my two previous bikes, but unless you can come up with a way to incorporate the speedo/tach and all the corresponding electronics, you're out of luck...  :nixweiss: 
[/URL]

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

Those are the exact bars I had on my two previous bikes, but unless you can come up with a way to incorporate the speedo/tach and all the corresponding electronics, you're out of luck...  :nixweiss: 

Yea it's a bummer...plus it would need to come in chrome(unless you want to add a little of the dark side to your CVO, which could be interesting)

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member

I called Mancuso HD and Im not the only one who has asked about this. They are working on something.

gunut

I feel your pain
looking into standard risers
also just other bars

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

I have to say though.  The bars on the CVO contribute to the best ergos I have ever had on a bike, period.  Perfect posture position, hands and arms are in just the perfect spot(for me anyway).  The stock CVO bars make for an extremely comfortable ride......tricycle look or not   ;D

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member

+1
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.