CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

xm radio has no volume

(1/5) > >>

daereal:
I just bought a 2012 CVO, the previous owner kept the Garmin GPS,  I have FM radio volume and iPod plug in volume.  but the subscribed xm is getting signal and reception but not putting volume out the speakers.  Am I missing something here?  Is the GPS that was installed messing up the xm radio?  I can;t figure out why there is not volume on the xm radio selection?

Iron Cross Audio:
That should of had nothing to do with the XM audio
Did the previous owner have the NIM installed?

bissjim:
Are you speaking of the XM module on the bike or did you install a Road Tech 665 and you are talking about the XM radio which is part of the GPS?

If you are talking about the XM radio which is part of the Road Tech 665 then you need to route the audio output from the GPS to the auxiliary input on the front of the radio. The radio must be in the AUX mode to hear.

jim@hdbomm.com

daereal:
The Bike came with the Garman 665  NIM, the original owner kept the unit but and the harness ( holder)  is still installed on the bike,  the xm is part of the Harmon Karmon on the bike  ( all stock cvl 2012) so when I select xm radio on the stereo it should come through the speakers but there is no sound?  fm radio, am radio etc works and sound is coming out?  it's strange?  so not sure if the GPS unit needs to be put in the holster? but I can;t imagine that?

bissjim:
XM radio is not part of the radio it is a separate box inside the cowling. Maybe it is disconnected. When you select XM adjust the volume level up using the volume control, maybe it is turned down. Just thinking here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version