Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Got out for a while.....after the ride I noticed a little oil leak....I think.  (Read 4128 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I rode for about 50 miles today and the leak was back!  I was suppose to drop my bike off tomorrow to get the pipes put on, but on the way home I stopped at the dealer 15 minutes before close and they said I could just leave it there rather then try to get it there tomorrow morning.  They said its not normal and they're gonna put new o rings in and re-torque them.  Since the pipes will be off it will just make it that much easier.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I think this may be more common then we think.....
They have another Breakout there and they started it up to show me the big radius pipes and I jokingly asked, "dos this one leak too?", and they service manager runs his finger on the 2 fittings and sure enough, he had some oil on his finger tips!

Carbon 60

Great.  Thanks to you folks, I'm checking my oil lines every time I walk by my bike  ;D

Dry as a bone after 2400 miles.....I agree with what someone else said regarding the nut not being torqued properly on some bikes...

I don't believe it's the Nut. It appears to be the that the NUT (oil line fitting) is just the device to hold the Oil Line Retainer that has the O-Rings on it and makes the seal.

The Nut ( oil line fitting) does not have to be removed to replace the Oil Line Retainer.
You need to squeeze the two Plastic retainer clips sticking out from the rear of the Oil Line fitting while pulling on the Oil Line.
 (This will remove the oil line with the retainer attached)

You will need the Tool (HD-44455) to Re-install the Retainer after you replace the 2 "O-Rings & Spacer".

I bought the "Quick Connect Stuffer" HD part# 63632-00.( Large Oil Line parts only not the Vent line parts)
 This kit (63632-00) contains the large oil line Retainer w/O-Rings & Spacer and the HD-44455 installation Tool (completely assembled).

If I'm wrong about this someone please correct me,
(trying to learn)
Garr
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:39:04 AM by Carbon 60 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 22 queries.