Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kick stand  (Read 1665 times)

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
Kick stand
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »

Has anyone noticed that the kick stand is wearing into the primary case? Harley needs to kook at this as there is no rubber grommet and it rests directly on the primary case. eventually it looks like it could wear through.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: Kick stand
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »

ooooops, I think you lost something.  Mine stand definintely has a round, black hard rubber bushing to prevent metal-metal contact with the primary case.  I have never heard of or seen a V-Twin that didn't have one.....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »

ooooops, I think you lost something.  Mine stand definintely has a round, black hard rubber bushing to prevent metal-metal contact with the primary case.  I have never heard of or seen a V-Twin that didn't have one.....

+1

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:40:29 PM »

I haven't checked mine either as I'm out of town. Bassani told me this is what they observed during an install on a Breakout. I was curious if this was on every Breakout or just some of them. I'll have to check mine this weekend.

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »

I have the rubber piece on mine too
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »

Has anyone noticed that the kick stand is wearing into the primary case? Harley needs to kook at this as there is no rubber grommet and it rests directly on the primary case. eventually it looks like it could wear through.

Should be a rubber grommet to keep this from happening as is on all HD's in some form.  I would take it back to the dealer, show them the damage and get the kick stand repaired and the primary case replaced under warranty as soon as possible.  The longer you wait, the harder it is to sell your problem and they could call it negligence on your part for not reporting it.

Big-Aye

• -Verae Navis Vacillant-

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE CVO Breakout-Hard Candy Gold/Liquid Sun
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 05:08:22 AM »

The 'bumper' is standard on all Softails with this style jiffy stand. Have the dealer look at Fig 2-125 on page 2-109 of the 2013 Softail Service Manual. Item 8 is the 'Bumper'. It's also in Fig 2-9 on page 2-17 of the FXSBSE Service Manual Supplement.

Hope this helps.

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »

In case you or your dealer does not Have THE manual , here some photos

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »

Photo 2

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.