Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: anyone got the Fullsac header ,tts tuner with CFR muffs ?  (Read 4751 times)

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"

:confused5: I want to add CFR muffs to my  2010 flhxse, I already have fullsac head pipe with 2" cores and TTS tuner, and it seems that I have read some posts about tuning issues, with this " fullsac/CFR combo" ? and I wonder if Steve at fullsac would have a canned map that works or do I need to get a dyno tune ? If I go ahead with the mod.
My favorite color is chrome

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: anyone got the Fullsac header ,tts tuner with CFR muffs ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 03:50:19 PM »

I wanted to go that route. After all the negative I ended up going with Kerker Stouts similar souno tuning issues
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:15:38 PM by Rio »
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 03:56:59 PM »

Thanks for your reply ,Rio. :-\
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:05:34 PM by CVOJIMMYC »

100HP

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »

I have the Fullsac  x pipe with Fuel Moto x over pipe and Woods Tw555 cams. Tried the CFR mufflers!! ( KC International knock offs) Loved the sound, took them off in less then 100 miles. Spit, pop, loaded up. Plan on running at least a gear lower than you would normally to keep the revs up.  Switched back to my CVO cans with Fullsac 2.25's. They ran good from 3500rpm and up as long as you were into the throttle. Don't plan on cruising along at 2500 r's and whacking the throttle in 3rd, 4th or up. These are for sale for $100 plus shipping.  Just my experience.

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »

Thanks 100hp

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »

I sold mine as well. Once I got over 3,000 rpms I was good. Gettin there was another story.

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »

The problem they cause at lower end shows up in the WOT area as well.  I tuned a combo:  Woods 555, .030 hg, Fullsac header and CFR's.  Showed customer results and he brought me a set of RH slip ons.  Much better for ridabilty and WOT numbers.

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 12:23:29 AM »

Thank You all ! I think The answer is clear , Don't do it :bigcry:

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 07:30:46 AM »

I'm glad to see the CFR's getting it's due.....they are the worse performing pipe I EVER tuned and I truly believe they damage the engine as well.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »

I'm glad to see the CFR's getting it's due.....they are the worse performing pipe I EVER tuned and I truly believe they damage the engine as well.
Doc

Hi Doc,

I took your advice, I liked the sound so I went with Kerker Stouts.  Any thoughts or experience with those?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »

Hi Doc,

I took your advice, I liked the sound so I went with Kerker Stouts.  Any thoughts or experience with those?

No experience with those yet......do they have baffles?
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 08:57:33 AM »

No experience with those yet......do they have baffles?
Doc

Yes, they have a 3" baffle.  According to Yaffe and his video promoting the pipes, they claim to have a fairly significant HP gain out of the box.  I had my bike tuned here by a relatively new TTS dealer and I am not very happy with the results, however on the other hand I had the Fullsac X-pipe with the 2.25 cores, I will see if i can post the results before and after?  Not very impressive but it could be the tuner?  I used them once before and I was very pleased, but one of the partners also left?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

RD Parrish

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »

I had 2011 streetglide w/fuel moto jackpot header and stage 1 filter, and cfr's. I had a dynojet power commander and had nothing but problems getting it to run right. So I purchased a SE pro tunner,and had a guy here localy tune it. The bike ran like a scaled dog,it gained 20 ft lbs torque and 12 hp. I sold the bike, but I stay in contact with the buyer and he raives about the preformance. The dyno shop said it ran so good was due to the jackpot header. If you like the sound of the cfr's,but afraid because of the reviews then purchase a set of jackpot 4.5 pro touring mufflers, they sound almost identical. Thats what Im running on my new 2013 cvo roadglide.

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:18 PM »

I had 2011 streetglide w/fuel moto jackpot header and stage 1 filter, and cfr's. I had a dynojet power commander and had nothing but problems getting it to run right. So I purchased a SE pro tunner,and had a guy here localy tune it. The bike ran like a scaled dog,it gained 20 ft lbs torque and 12 hp. I sold the bike, but I stay in contact with the buyer and he raives about the preformance. The dyno shop said it ran so good was due to the jackpot header. If you like the sound of the cfr's,but afraid because of the reviews then purchase a set of jackpot 4.5 pro touring mufflers, they sound almost identical. Thats what Im running on my new 2013 cvo roadglide.
   HMMM sounds like a plan :idea: Thanks

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 11:43:16 AM »

The tuning is what needs to be handled most of the time but it cannot overcome bad parts. The CFR's seem to be more of a racing part than a street ride-able part from the reports here. The Fulsac setup is a well balance, well proven setup and if that's what your looking for it's a no brainer deal. When you start mixing and matching your going to find that not all combinations are good. I for one would not use a Fuelmoto pipe until they get around to fixing there issues with it running properly in closed loop but again that is just my opinion.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »

Jason and Steve are correct....there isn't a problem tuning the CFR's, it's the CFR's are TERRIBLE performers......they have power problems in the lower rpm's and they have problems in the higher rpm's. This is one pipe that is not worth the power loss for the sound. The fuel moto header has nothing to do with making the CFR's work better....the lack of performance comes from the CRF muffler that has no back pressure.....not the head pipe.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

ldireprophil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Maple Metallic
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »

I investigated the whole CFR craze going around a while back.  The good: Sound awesome The Bad: They SUCK otherwise

I decided on a D&D Boss Fat Cat, Cams, and a detailed TTS tune by the Wizard.  SO glad I did!  To each their own though what I always say.
2012 CVO RGC / Renegade Lincoln Phantom 21-17 / RWD Fender / -2 Front -1 Rear / Bad Dad Side Covers / Andrews 54H Cams / HQ Black Ops Lifters / Heavy Breather / Cometic .030 HG / Barnett +1 Clutch / Aim 480lb Spring / ClutchWiz / Hayden M6 / D&D Fat Cat 2-1 w/UPB & Ghost Pipe / TTS MasterTune 2 / Wizard's Tune / Alpine CDE-HD149BT Head Unit / Alpine PDX-M6 Amp / Hertz HCX 690 / Hertz HSK 165 XL / Biketronics Module / Cycles Sounds Lids / Misc Little Things
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.