Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 FXSTSSE3 Swingarm on Breakout??  (Read 2966 times)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
09 FXSTSSE3 Swingarm on Breakout??
« on: May 17, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »

Does anyone know if the chrome swingarm on the 09 cvo springer would fit on the Breakout (the HD website says no, but they have also been known to be wrong from time to tiem)?-this is a massively expensive mod that I have thought about, but don't know if it would even work.  Any guesses?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:19:01 PM by Dobeman2000 »

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
Re: 09 FXSTSSE3 Swingarm on Breakout??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

According to my Parts catalog the Swingarm 474C1 is existing since 2011 (Part number 47994-11 BHP) this is the Black painted version , I was also thinking about chroming this part but after hearing the price I decided that this will be a job for next winter , I will take it off and bring it to a shop to have it chromed.

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »

Also my plan- Harley might make one eventually since there is now a standard version of the Breakout, will probably go for about $600 I would guess.  How much do you think it will cost to chrome it?

According to my Parts catalog the Swingarm 474C1 is existing since 2011 (Part number 47994-11 BHP) this is the Black painted version , I was also thinking about chroming this part but after hearing the price I decided that this will be a job for next winter , I will take it off and bring it to a shop to have it chromed.

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 04:28:26 PM »

I have no idea about the prices in the US , but here in the Netherlands it will cost me around 250 Euro.

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »

that equals out to about $400 or so US, so guessing the whole job would cost about $700 US when labor is added in.

I have no idea about the prices in the US , but here in the Netherlands it will cost me around 250 Euro.

ozdrums

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »

$275 and $30 for shipping will get your original swing arm chromed at Chrome That Hog. www.chromethathog.com. I've used them many times for my Duece swing arm, wheels and calipers. I had very good luck with them and turnaround time was very good.

simon63477

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 03:57:00 AM »

CONSUMER BEWARE

You definitely want to stay clear of Chrome That Hog for anything. No chroming is done at this shop. The chroming is done in Los Angeles and Richard Atencio, owner of Chrome That Hog, is just a middle man, a one man operation, making a fat profit off you. The pictures of his chroming factory on the Chrome That Hog website are bogus. He has no factory. It is just plenty of false advertising to create an impression online so you are are led to believe he is running a real chroming operation. Don't be fooled. This guy rents a small shop in one of the ghetto neighborhoods of San Diego. The shop is so small, there is barely enough room to move much less chrome anything. The shop is rarely open and the inventory he has on hand rarely moves. The business isn't licensed and has a BBB rating of F. Even with no real business, there is a reason why he continues to keep the shop. The shop is more for entertaining his guests in the back lounge away from his wife and children than it is for chroming or selling motorcycle parts. Next time you are in San Diego you can stop by this dump and verify everything I am saying here.

Make sure to check out Chrome That Hog's Better Business rating of "F" at http://www.bbb.org/san-diego/business-reviews/motorcycles-supplies-and-parts/chrome-that-hog-in-national-city-ca-1064369/.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 08:27:10 AM »

Have seen these guys work and it is top-notch. PM twolanerider, I think I heard about them from him, first.

http://www.chromemasters.com/
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »

Don't forget that the 09 bikes have a 3/4" axle, whereas the 13 Breakout will have a 25MM rear axle.

So, if you do go the route of the swap from an 09, you'll need to get the rear axle, the brake mounting arm, and new wheel bearings, at a minimum.  Factor in ABS bearings, since there were no ABS bearings on the 09 CVO Springer, and you might be best off pulling your stocker and having done.

I have had work done by Chromemasters.  Solid work, and I would use them again.  They've got a good resume of clients, and certainly are up to snuff on my measly little projects!

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.