Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: check engine lamp  (Read 1358 times)

skullplant

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE Road Glide CVO-Red Pepper
check engine lamp
« on: May 28, 2013, 10:38:22 AM »

Is anyone else finding the check engine lamp not coming on and then going off prior to starting. All my other Harleys it would come on when switch was turned on, for about 4-5 seconds then go off and it is ready to start. On my Breakout it is intermittent at best, doesn't seem to matter whether bike has just been run, or not for a few days. Just wondering if this is a problem?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: check engine lamp
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »

Is anyone else finding the check engine lamp not coming on and then going off prior to starting. All my other Harleys it would come on when switch was turned on, for about 4-5 seconds then go off and it is ready to start. On my Breakout it is intermittent at best, doesn't seem to matter whether bike has just been run, or not for a few days. Just wondering if this is a problem?

Not a problem for me, currently at 3000 miles.  The only time my engine light does not come on when I flip the ignition on, is if I just turned it off, then back on within a few seconds(like when I am loading a new map to my ECU).  Since the fuel system is already primed, it does not do it again.

But in every other case, for me, the engine light always comes on, and I can hear the fuel system being primed.

Now, my question for you is do you have an intermittent lighting problem or a true process issue.

When you turn the ignition on and the engine light does NOT come on, do you still hear the fuel system being primed?  It's a very obvious sound that's easy to pick up...

And, assuming you don't hear the fuel system being primed, does the engine start quickly, like it does when the engine light does come on before starting?
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

skullplant

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE Road Glide CVO-Red Pepper
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »

I always hear the fuel system being primed, light on or off. It seems to start quickly and the same whether the light comes on or not. It also seems to be running good all the time.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »

ah, that's a very good sign.  sounds like the light is not getting energized on every start of the ignition....hopefully a minor inconvenience for repair!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.