Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Is anyone elses back seat comming apart?  (Read 3318 times)

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
Is anyone elses back seat comming apart?
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:46:06 AM »

The foam on my passenger deal cam unglued from the plastic so it is pulling the leather off the staples. The seat lifts up and looks funny. I took it to the dealer and they ordered another one and it was the same way. We looked at a regular BO and it was the same way.

Also I have a small leak at the rear jug and the crank case. They called it a "weep" and wouldn't do anything about it.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Is anyone elses back seat comming apart?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:32:06 AM »

Not sure about the seat issue, but cylinder base weep is very common!  They use alot of assembly lube putting these things together. 

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »

I have about a 1/2" gap between the rider and passenger seat.  I'm not a fan.  As soon as a 1 piece seat comes out I think I'll be buying it.  I don't remember the gap being there when i bought the bike....didn't notice it until after I had taken the seat off and put it back on.  could be that they are all like that and i didn't notice it when i bought it because i was distracted by all the chrome. 
Jake

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »

wow, holy smoke, seats coming apart, cylinder weeps?  Fortunately, thus far I am not experienced either....but something to look forward to  :P
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:36:59 PM »

Once the "new bike" thrill wears off the reality of the MOCO's quality sets in.    :-\
Jesus is Lord

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 07:54:42 AM »

Once the "new bike" thrill wears off the reality of the MOCO's quality sets in.    :-\

Yea. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike and it looks awesome and its a great ride but the quality and customer care is not there for a motorcycle costing 30K.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 01:53:43 PM »

Once the "new bike" thrill wears off the reality of the MOCO's quality sets in.    :-\

Interesting.  that has not been my experience at all.  My 2008 FXSTC had 47k miles on it and was never in the dealership for other than regular maintenance work.  Same with the three V-Rods we have owned.  Absolutely rock solid reliable, and the best chrome quality I have come across.

Actually, most of the quality issues I have read over the years centered on CVO's !  Particularly paint and the 110 motor.  I can't begin to count the reams of threads I have seen over the years on multiple forums about the terrible quality of the 110 motor.  So, I am prepared for it if it happens-got the 7 year warranty just for that reason.  Sucks that you have to pay a company extra for them to fix issues that are related to quality, but I hope I end up being one of the lucky 110 owners that does not have an issue.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:56:05 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 12:18:42 AM »

Hey, I love the look of the CVO Breakout. I still love my 08 springer. I hate it that I have to feel like a cancer patient in remission every time I ride wondering when and what the next issue is going to be on a bike that only has 18K on it.  The MOCO treats me like I'm a red headed step child with an IQ of, well, one of their maintenance techs.  This will definitely be the last new Harley that I ever buy.  Also, I'll never buy anything from a dealership again.  But those breakouts do look great.
Jesus is Lord

ozrobo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 05:00:10 AM »

The foam on my passenger deal cam unglued from the plastic so it is pulling the leather off the staples. The seat lifts up and looks funny. I took it to the dealer and they ordered another one and it was the same way. We looked at a regular BO and it was the same way.

Also I have a small leak at the rear jug and the crank case. They called it a "weep" and wouldn't do anything about it.

They would be doing something about it if I owned it.....A weep will turn into a leak.

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »

I cleaned it off to see if it comes back. Wit synthetic oil in it it will find a way to leak if there is a way.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »

They would be doing something about it if I owned it.....A weep will turn into a leak.
IMHO a "weep" is a "leak". If it is a sealed container and the integrity of that container at the seals has been broken (weeping) then it's a leak plain and simple.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

The "weep" is from assembly lube.....it has happened on my last 3 Harleys.  After 500 miles it stops.

ozrobo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 06:08:17 PM »

IMHO a "weep" is a "leak". If it is a sealed container and the integrity of that container at the seals has been broken (weeping) then it's a leak plain and simple.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:2vrolijk_21:That's right...And should be repaired under Warrenty.

Sinker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 07:51:59 AM »

For your seat I suggest taking it to an upholstery shop.  My 2009 CVO Springer stitching was coming apart and the moco would not repair under warranty.  The upholstery guy took the whole seat apart and restitched everything for about $100.  Not a problem since.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »

I have noticed that my stitching isn't that great either- could really start coming apart at any time.  And HD should most definately pay for a replacement- if not, I will take it to an upholstery shop, but I shouldn't have to.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »

For your seat I suggest taking it to an upholstery shop.  My 2009 CVO Springer stitching was coming apart and the moco would not repair under warranty.  The upholstery guy took the whole seat apart and restitched everything for about $100.  Not a problem since.

Pretty sad though....HD has an upholstery shop ! 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »

Why would they not repair or replace it under warranty?  The bike has a two year warranty, basically "bumper to bumper", and the seat is most definitely covered under the defective crap clause.  Was this your dealer blowing you off, or did you actually contact Harley-Davidson corporate customer service?  They tried this same BS with the Road Glide guys not too long ago, and eventually they changed the seat to eliminate the highly stressed area where the stitching kept tearing out.
People who persisted got new seats.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »

Good to know grc- when mine eventually starts tearing apart I will contact HD directly if neccessary.

Why would they not repair or replace it under warranty?  The bike has a two year warranty, basically "bumper to bumper", and the seat is most definitely covered under the defective crap clause.  Was this your dealer blowing you off, or did you actually contact Harley-Davidson corporate customer service?  They tried this same BS with the Road Glide guys not too long ago, and eventually they changed the seat to eliminate the highly stressed area where the stitching kept tearing out.
People who persisted got new seats.

Jerry

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

I went by to pick up my rear seat and it was the same as mine. I looked at the regular Breakout they had and it was the same as well. They told me to give them a while and they would give me the old seat back to have it repaired at a upholstery shop.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »

I've looked and I have yet to find an aftermarket seat that will fit the Breakout.  Has any of the majors started making one yet?

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »

Corbin has 1 on their site for a breakout....kinda large though.
Jake
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.