Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Is anyone elses back seat comming apart?  (Read 3319 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: Is anyone elses back seat comming apart?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »

For your seat I suggest taking it to an upholstery shop.  My 2009 CVO Springer stitching was coming apart and the moco would not repair under warranty.  The upholstery guy took the whole seat apart and restitched everything for about $100.  Not a problem since.

Pretty sad though....HD has an upholstery shop ! 
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »

For your seat I suggest taking it to an upholstery shop.  My 2009 CVO Springer stitching was coming apart and the moco would not repair under warranty.  The upholstery guy took the whole seat apart and restitched everything for about $100.  Not a problem since.

Why would they not repair or replace it under warranty?  The bike has a two year warranty, basically "bumper to bumper", and the seat is most definitely covered under the defective crap clause.  Was this your dealer blowing you off, or did you actually contact Harley-Davidson corporate customer service?  They tried this same BS with the Road Glide guys not too long ago, and eventually they changed the seat to eliminate the highly stressed area where the stitching kept tearing out.
People who persisted got new seats.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »

Good to know grc- when mine eventually starts tearing apart I will contact HD directly if neccessary.

Why would they not repair or replace it under warranty?  The bike has a two year warranty, basically "bumper to bumper", and the seat is most definitely covered under the defective crap clause.  Was this your dealer blowing you off, or did you actually contact Harley-Davidson corporate customer service?  They tried this same BS with the Road Glide guys not too long ago, and eventually they changed the seat to eliminate the highly stressed area where the stitching kept tearing out.
People who persisted got new seats.

Jerry

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

I went by to pick up my rear seat and it was the same as mine. I looked at the regular Breakout they had and it was the same as well. They told me to give them a while and they would give me the old seat back to have it repaired at a upholstery shop.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »

I've looked and I have yet to find an aftermarket seat that will fit the Breakout.  Has any of the majors started making one yet?

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »

Corbin has 1 on their site for a breakout....kinda large though.
Jake
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.