Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Klock Werks Windshields  (Read 2020 times)

billhuntz

Klock Werks Windshields
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »

I currently have an 8.5" KW windshield on my Ultra.  It is a little too high but I am concerned that a 6.5" will interfere with the GPS.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I did a search and found a lot of discussion on the HD version but not sure about the KW....

Tony Miller

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • My Blog
Re: Klock Werks Windshields
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »

I don't have the answer but if you reach out the Klock Werks folks I have no doubt they will respond with a good answer. I have found them to be very customer friendly.
In Florida it is always riding season.

RK1679

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 10:20:06 PM »

Had the same problem.  Drilled new holes 1" higher which lowered the windshield by 1". Perfect!

110PWR

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 02:37:49 PM »

I ran into the same question with my 12 CVO Ultra. Called KW and was told there 6.5 would not fit with the stock GPS. And local HD dealers said the 7" HD windsplitter would not work. I purchased the 7" HD windlsplitter anyway and it bolted right on with no fitment or clearance issues with the stock GPS. No modifications were necessary. 

sheef

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »

A friend of mine also has a 8.5" KW  and had the same problem as you. He ended up drilling new holes 1" above the existing holes which lowered the windshield 1". He says it is now perfect. You might want to try this before getting a new shield.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.