Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Temp help for CVO BO  (Read 1136 times)

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
Temp help for CVO BO
« on: June 21, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »

Ok, got stuck in traffic for the first time. Anyone else have this problem yet. I have researched the thread for the Lanale parade fan and different oil coolers but I have no idea which would look / work best. I know a tune to run richer will help but I am waiting for new pipes before I get a tune. Any other ideas will help greatly.

My EITMS was kicking in and the bike actually shut off on me once so I am pretty concerned. Ambient temp was only about 88-91.

13brkoutCVO

Re: Temp help for CVO BO
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 07:53:12 PM »

My bike did the same to me here in Texas.  It actually shut off on the roadway while sitting in traffic and another instance as I attempted to enter traffic from a stop sign. It scared the crap out of me.  I told the mechanics at the dealership and they were puzzled by it.  However, after my tune,  I've had no issues.

In a different conversation with one of the techs, I was told HD's initial tunes are lean and when they tune the mixture is richened up to help cool the engine.  But, that it doesn't make sense to me...why would they ship them lean?  Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »

I heard it is all California's fault because they have to default to the worst case emissions state. Glad it wasn't just me, I haven't heard anyone else mention it yet. Have you been stuck long in traffic after the tune also? I might just get it done before I decide on pipes.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:02:47 PM »

In a different conversation with one of the techs, I was told HD's initial tunes are lean and when they tune the mixture is richened up to help cool the engine.  But, that it doesn't make sense to me...why would they ship them lean?  Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Emissions regulations
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Black denim

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »

My EITMS was kicking in and the bike actually shut off on me once so I am pretty concerned. Ambient temp was only about 88-91.

Stopped the engine completely or just cut the rear cylinder out?

From the manual:
EITMS will activate (rear cylinder will turn off) when all of the following conditions are met:
Engine temperature is greater than 287°F domestic 165°C international
Twist grip opening is at idle
Vehicle speed under 1 mph 2 km/h
Engine speed under 1200 RPM
2013 CVO Breakout Black Diamond

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »

The rear cylinder was cutting out for about 10 minutes then the engine cut out entirely, but only once. It was also hesitant to restart. When the EITMS was active the idle seemed really low, I was surprised it only fully cut out once.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.