Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Twitchy handling in a straight line  (Read 27290 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Twitchy handling in a straight line
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2013, 12:14:44 PM »

I'm glad you got the problem solved, but it's ridiculous that your dealer didn't go to bat for you. 

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »

This is another example of when you have a choice between a Harley Davidson part or a quality aftermarket part (ie: S&S, Performance Machine, Works Shocks, etc) you always go with the aftermarket.  I own 6 Harley's and my wife and I are so upset with Harley's lack of support for this issue I will go out of my way to purchase parts from another manufacturer.  Anyone who still has this issue should bring it to the dealer's attention and keep pushing the MOCO.  I was very surprised to see the "Chisel" wheels still being std equipment on the new CVO Ltd and still available in the Part & Accessory catalog.  They must have produce so many of these wheels they still have to have a home for them.  This is just like the primary belt fiasco on the first Strugis motorcycles from 1980-1982.  They never could fix the problem and left it to the owners to deal with.  I am glad to finally have a bike that works but I should not have had to replace parts at my own large expense to get there.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2013, 02:31:54 PM »

This is another example of when you have a choice between a Harley Davidson part or a quality aftermarket part (ie: S&S, Performance Machine, Works Shocks, etc) you always go with the aftermarket.  I own 6 Harley's and my wife and I are so upset with Harley's lack of support for this issue I will go out of my way to purchase parts from another manufacturer.  Anyone who still has this issue should bring it to the dealer's attention and keep pushing the MOCO.  I was very surprised to see the "Chisel" wheels still being std equipment on the new CVO Ltd and still available in the Part & Accessory catalog.  They must have produce so many of these wheels they still have to have a home for them.  This is just like the primary belt fiasco on the first Strugis motorcycles from 1980-1982.  They never could fix the problem and left it to the owners to deal with.  I am glad to finally have a bike that works but I should not have had to replace parts at my own large expense to get there.

Totally agree!  It was a hard $2K pill to swallow when I had to replace the wheels at my expense versus the MOCO standing behind their products.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »

Nothing will change until there are enough complaints or until someone gets killed. I only saw 2 complaints on the NHTSA site. Mine and Landshark's.

I will also bet there are many more who have this issue but did  mods before they noticed it.
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »

Nothing will change until there are enough complaints or until someone gets killed. I only saw 2 complaints on the NHTSA site. Mine and Landshark's.

I will also bet there are many more who have this issue but did  mods before they noticed it.

I was the first to register the complaint on the NHTSA site.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »

Any report done on the NHTSA website will be done by the year, make and model of the bike.  Ernie was the first to actually find and list the problem both here and on the NHTSA web sites for his 2012.  He then gave me the idea to do the same on my 2013.  If he hadn't discovered the wheel as the cause, I know I would still be chasing the twitchy handling issue since the two dealers I took it to said it is within specs.  Anyone who feels their bike may have this problem, please report it to the NHTSA.  We, as owners of these bikes, need to step up and report the information to someone who can do something about it.  I, like so many, have in the past just taken it and said "Oh well, I will just deal with it" but I not anymore.  I will report any defect which I believe is a safety issue and hope that enough do the same before someone is injured or killed because of a bad design by the MOCO.  Harley should not be allowed to continue to use their customers as R&D and not have to fix, repair or replace their faulty designed products.  Thanks to all who have listened to my rant but I am so pissed at Harley for their treatment on this issue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.