Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: bad cam bearings?  anyone else?  (Read 3766 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: bad cam bearings?  anyone else?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »

At 24K, my outside tensioner looked pretty good but the inside one was pretty well shot.  Love the Freedom cams that Jim put in my bike...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

gocatgoracin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: bad cam bearings?
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

This a general question concerning this poor excuse for an engineering marvel. have ALL of the twin cam engines from 99 to present had this same set up on the cam drives, (02 FLHRSEI), this has to be the biggest piece of you know what I have ever seen on a motorcycle, much less a $24,000 motorcycle. A friend of mine has a 03 TC88, and thought that his mechanic "adjusted" his during routine maint, is he full of it or what???

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 04:27:46 PM »

This a general question concerning this poor excuse for an engineering marvel. have ALL of the twin cam engines from 99 to present had this same set up on the cam drives, (02 FLHRSEI), this has to be the biggest piece of you know what I have ever seen on a motorcycle, much less a $24,000 motorcycle. A friend of mine has a 03 TC88, and thought that his mechanic "adjusted" his during routine maint, is he full of it or what???

Yes; they have had the same tensioners, up to the 06 Dynas and the 07's all now have a hydrolic type tensioner.  And Yes the Mech that told your friend that he "adjusted" them is full of SH*T. (There is no adjustment)

gocatgoracin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 06:52:27 PM »

Thanks so much, good information.

hogasm

Re: bad cam bearings?  anyone else?
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »

Changed mine at 5000 miles. Inner showed signs of wear.
Did not even wait 1000 miles on the wifes street glide to change to chain drives.
Harley wont change to chain drives because the motor wont meet EPA noise regulatiolns.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.