Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: washington state patrol  (Read 1502 times)

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
washington state patrol
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »

Is it just me, or do you guys have a hard time keeping the bike under the 85 - 105 mph range when riding your breakout?  I've had other Harley's in the past and never seemed to have this problem.

Got pulled over speeding on the breakout today.  The trooper asked me if i had any idea how fast i was going.  Told him I had no idea and handed him my D.L.  He asked for regestration and I told him i didn't have one.....no place to put it.  The guy actually laughed and told me he was going to let me go with a warning on the speed and lack of registration.  That type of thing never happens to me!  And on top of all that, I wasn't wearing a DOT helmet and he didn't give me any grief. 

Some days you eat the bar.....and sometimes the bar eats you.....man...
Jake

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: washington state patrol
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »

That was your lucky day. Cherish it.

BaggerProud

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 banana
    • CVO2: 1994 FXSTC
    • CVO3: 1983 XLX
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 07:32:24 AM »

You should have asked him to walk a straight line, one foot in front of the other or say the alphabet backwards cuz I'll bet that boy was 3 times over the legal limit  :alcohol: OR his girl friend made it a happy ending morning and his wife had no clue!! Either way .... congratulations for making the Guinness Book of World Records.  :bananarock: If it would have been me .... :toilet:

BeeCVOBreakOut

• Junior CVO Member
  • Breakout and say no to baggers.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »

Is it just me, or do you guys have a hard time keeping the bike under the 85 - 105 mph range when riding your breakout?  I've had other Harley's in the past and never seemed to have this problem.

Got pulled over speeding on the breakout today.  The trooper asked me if i had any idea how fast i was going.  Told him I had no idea and handed him my D.L.  He asked for regestration and I told him i didn't have one.....no place to put it.  The guy actually laughed and told me he was going to let me go with a warning on the speed and lack of registration.  That type of thing never happens to me!  And on top of all that, I wasn't wearing a DOT helmet and he didn't give me any grief. 

Some days you eat the bar.....and sometimes the bar eats you.....man...

LMAO...I've had to make a conscious effort to keep the speed down. It rides so smooth and you can't see the speedo very well in the daylight so it is very easy to get her rolling a little faster than the posted limits. Plus, it's just a hell of lot more fun to ride the bike at speed than to putt down a straight road at 60.
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
 Lao Tzu

If I needed a fairing, windshield, stereo and storage space, I would drive my car. Break out and just say no to bags.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:45:38 AM »

Lucky boy....
Bill

Page created in 0.442 seconds with 21 queries.