Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR4 Turn signal connection points  (Read 3859 times)

FXR4seattle

FXR4 Turn signal connection points
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »

So, I am putting on Deuce style turn signals on the FXR instead of the little footballs! I am wondering what the best way is to do this. Splicing? I have heard people have issues with this approach, and I generally stay away from it if I can.I looked on the front, and it looks like the front turn signal wires go into the neck/frame? The rear ones run allong the fender...into the battery area? Anyway, are there connectors somewhere for the turn signals? How much do i have to disassemble to pull new wires to the plug? Im sure allot of you have done this, so any suggestions or pictures are appreciated!!

Thanks,

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: FXR4 Turn signal connection points
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »

Your turn signal wires should be on two plugs. Remove the left cover under the seat. They are next to theoul tank drain hose that is on a stub plunge not far from the thermal fuses
Ltank

turboprop

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:08:24 PM »

Your turn signal wires should be on two plugs. Remove the left cover under the seat. They are next to theoul tank drain hose that is on a stub plunge not far from the thermal fuses
Ltank

This location is also used on all models of FXR, not unique to the FXR4.

FXR4seattle

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »

Thanks! I found the plug. Now it should be relatively tricky getting them back to the turn signals.  I put the Deuce style on the front already. I had to remove the tank to get to the wiring loose. A little more involved than I had hoped, but at least its done right with no splice points that can become a problem later.

On a side note, I noticed a connector under the tank on the left side that does not seem to be connected to anything. It has a black, green amd black/white wire. It was tucked in somewhere under the tank. Either way, I am about 99% sure i did not unplug it from anything...nor could I find the male terminat to connect to it. Is this a service connection or something...diagnosing??? Bike runs fine...completely normal. I am still looking thru the manual for something, but I dont know what i'm looking for so it makes it like a needle in a haystack.

Thanks,

turboprop

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »

On a side note, I noticed a connector under the tank on the left side that does not seem to be connected to anything. It has a black, green amd black/white wire. It was tucked in somewhere under the tank. Either way, I am about 99% sure i did not unplug it from anything...nor could I find the male terminat to connect to it. Is this a service connection or something...diagnosing??? Bike runs fine...completely normal. I am still looking thru the manual for something, but I dont know what i'm looking for so it makes it like a needle in a haystack.

Thanks,

That plug is used on the Califronian models. Tuck it away and forget about it.

FXR4seattle

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »

Perfect! I'll put it back where I found it.

Thanks!!

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.