Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: MoCo gave us 2 types of 110 engines in 2014 - one concidered a new design  (Read 15927 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe

While riding my CUSE4 in Sturgis, during a heavy rain, my oil temp stayed around 160 for 2 hrs at 50 mph. How much more proof could the MoCo be looking for?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: Twin cooled Motor
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »

And THAT'S why I don't even ride in the RAIN, Terry!

Ken

I thought thats why I wasnt supposed to ever WASH mine!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible

They are making way to big of a deal out of this.  This is a change to the engine and they are talking like it's revolutionary.  What a disappointment!  Project Rushmore is Project bull$hit.  I will not be buying a new bike.  Why would I?

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage

I predict the 2015 Twin-Cooled HD engine will come with a revolutionary 1 gallon cooling system which includes a new coolant overflow reservoir that will help solve the problem of steam venting from the radiator cap during long periods of slow speed operation.  This announcement will follow a previous announcement of the new Harley Davidson proprietary engine coolant, SynWater, that is required to maintain the bike's warranty.  Included in 2015 as a standard item on CVOs will be the currently optional steam whistle that can be installed to replace the existing electric horn.  :D :D :D

willyB

• 1K CVO Member

Dig the "Steam Whistle"!

I did see in the 2014 parts catalog chrome covers for the 2014 "Water Pump". It's the only mention of water that I've found anywhere.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy

Hi, I just found a picture of the Twin cooled system looks like a goldwing, not a Harley. :furious3: :smash:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:05:17 PM by Breakout »

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

I predict the 2015 Twin-Cooled HD engine will come with a revolutionary 1 gallon cooling system which includes a new coolant overflow reservoir that will help solve the problem of steam venting from the radiator cap during long periods of slow speed operation.  This announcement will follow a previous announcement of the new Harley Davidson proprietary engine coolant, SynWater, that is required to maintain the bike's warranty.  Included in 2015 as a standard item on CVOs will be the currently optional steam whistle that can be installed to replace the existing electric horn.  :D :D :D

Maybe it can make Latte or Expresso?
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE

Hi, I just found a picture of the Twin cooled system looks like a goldwing, not a Harley. :furious3: :smash:

Thanks for the pic....my question now is.... with those to heat exchangers in the lower faring cooling the return water to the engine....where is the hot air vented to?

Heat has to go somewhere and when the you are not moving....the lower faring is going to heat up from the radiators in front of your leg while the motor will be cooking the your inside cafe.

Berfore I consider getting one....I will have to take it for a nice long and slow test ride on a hot day.

I hope they got it figured out.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4

Thanks for the pic....my question now is.... with those to heat exchangers in the lower faring cooling the return water to the engine....where is the hot air vented to?

Heat has to go somewhere and when the you are not moving....the lower faring is going to heat up from the radiators in front of your leg while the motor will be cooking the your inside cafe.

Berfore I consider getting one....I will have to take it for a nice long and slow test ride on a hot day.

I hope they got it figured out.

I think the idea is the hot air is vented out thru the outside sides of the lowers - and the air is moved by the fans mounted in front of the radiators located in the lowers.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus

I can see some future improvements happening in the water pump area.

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8

I just noticed that the 14 CVO Limited has 115tq.  My 13 has 118tq.

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy

I can see some future improvements happening in the water pump area.
Yeah, when I see all these flimsy plastic parts I think you need only one rock kicked up from the front wheel and the pressure cooker is out of service and you are back to single air cooling again , I wonder how long that will last before the cylinder heads are deep fried then.

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down

looks like the crank bearing and crank shaft have changed for the 2014 110's
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4

looks like the crank bearing and crank shaft have changed for the 2014 110's

The crank itself is unchanged.  The crank has a new part number because the new crank bearing inner races are only available preinstalled on the crank assembly.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic

While riding my CUSE4 in Sturgis, during a heavy rain, my oil temp stayed around 160 for 2 hrs at 50 mph. How much more proof could the MoCo be looking for?
  Say there 2K, about your avatar . . . I can't think or concentrate.  Talk about a distraction!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.