Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: CVO Deluxe Interest/Lack of??  (Read 17178 times)

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
Re: CVO Deluxe Interest/Lack of??
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 06:10:12 AM »

I think they are gorgeous bikes!  I'd have to change the wheels out though . . . not to mention the stock exhaust.
Agree + 18 Inch wheels

hogmeister

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »

My wife just traded her 05 Deluxe for the CVO Deluxe. Her 1st bike was a new 91 Heritage that she loved but I convinced her to sell in 05 since our rides were getting longer - one of which is 4,000 miles thru mountains & some less populated states. She never fell in love with the 05 like she had the 91. Our big trip this year resulted in a rear flat after our first day out .. set us back 24 hrs & a crapload of headaches trying to find new tube & repair shop in Northern New Mexico. So, new bike requirements - NO spokes, 6spd Tranny, more power to stay up with my 12 CVO Streetglide, & avoid the $10k of extras we put on ea of previous two bikes ..

It's called the 2014 CVO Deluxe (blue - same as previous bikes).  We put easy 700 mi over 2 days & it blew her away . Everything about it put a big smile on her .. power, smoothness at 75 w/ 6spd, ABS brakes, GPS since we did a new backroad route home, narrow seat & smaller grips & she says bike felt like a much lower center of gravity, cruise control & LED lights a big plus, and lots more goodies ... the only add was SERT & D&D Fat Cat w/ Boarzilla baffle .. wicked sounding.  A big deal - she was very reluctant looking at pics on HD website but I convinced her to do a leap of faith .. we both liked much better in person and outside was even better.  On the road in sun, the paint & bike lines are fantastic.

I had tried to get her moved to a Streetglide & even though she rode mine, she wouldn't budge off a Softail.  We swapped bikes for a bit on our ride home & I'm also impressed in handling & glad she stuck to her guns on to do this bike. 

Sorry for long post but just thought it important to defend this bike and not be disuaded by some of the negative comments. P.S. wife is 5'6" & 115lbs.  BTW - I was also guilty of questioning the value of investment .. its worth the $'s. 

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »

My wife just traded her 05 Deluxe for the CVO Deluxe. Her 1st bike was a new 91 Heritage that she loved but I convinced her to sell in 05 since our rides were getting longer - one of which is 4,000 miles thru mountains & some less populated states. She never fell in love with the 05 like she had the 91. Our big trip this year resulted in a rear flat after our first day out .. set us back 24 hrs & a crapload of headaches trying to find new tube & repair shop in Northern New Mexico. So, new bike requirements - NO spokes, 6spd Tranny, more power to stay up with my 12 CVO Streetglide, & avoid the $10k of extras we put on ea of previous two bikes ..

It's called the 2014 CVO Deluxe (blue - same as previous bikes).  We put easy 700 mi over 2 days & it blew her away . Everything about it put a big smile on her .. power, smoothness at 75 w/ 6spd, ABS brakes, GPS since we did a new backroad route home, narrow seat & smaller grips & she says bike felt like a much lower center of gravity, cruise control & LED lights a big plus, and lots more goodies ... the only add was SERT & D&D Fat Cat w/ Boarzilla baffle .. wicked sounding.  A big deal - she was very reluctant looking at pics on HD website but I convinced her to do a leap of faith .. we both liked much better in person and outside was even better.  On the road in sun, the paint & bike lines are fantastic.

I had tried to get her moved to a Streetglide & even though she rode mine, she wouldn't budge off a Softail.  We swapped bikes for a bit on our ride home & I'm also impressed in handling & glad she stuck to her guns on to do this bike. 

Sorry for long post but just thought it important to defend this bike and not be disuaded by some of the negative comments. P.S. wife is 5'6" & 115lbs.  BTW - I was also guilty of questioning the value of investment .. its worth the $'s. 
Great 1st post.  Good to hear a bunch of  first-hand positives on this CVO softtail.   :2vrolijk_21:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Broadarrow

• Ineffectively retired
  • Sprung from cages

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »

I've been shopping bikes for about two years now, and bought this CVO as soon as it met my gaze. I love this ride! It feels great, and has so far garnered universal admiration for it's looks! It's blue and gold on a pearly white base, for cryin' out loud! That ROCKS!  :bananarock:

I didn't like the limited fairing and sound system in the previous CVO softail convertibles, and was happy to see Harley build this CVO around the Deluxe. I ride with a bluetooth helmet, and am very happy with the interface.

About the only customization I'm planning is the Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 - 2, then I believe I'll have the perfect bike for me and my world. … and this purchase was definitely ALL about me and my world!  :2vrolijk_21:

ladydeluxe

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 02:39:05 PM »

I've been shopping bikes for about two years now, and bought this CVO as soon as it met my gaze. I love this ride! It feels great, and has so far garnered universal admiration for it's looks! It's blue and gold on a pearly white base, for cryin' out loud! That ROCKS!  :bananarock:

I didn't like the limited fairing and sound system in the previous CVO softail convertibles, and was happy to see Harley build this CVO around the Deluxe. I ride with a bluetooth helmet, and am very happy with the interface.

About the only customization I'm planning is the Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 - 2, then I believe I'll have the perfect bike for me and my world. … and this purchase was definitely ALL about me and my world!  :2vrolijk_21:

I agree, feel the same way LOVE my bike. 

2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
Wendy

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »

X2
            Older Guy

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 05:43:24 AM »

I have a '13 CVO Breakout that I just love.  If I had the extra coin, this Deluxe would be in my garage too!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

swany6mm

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:03 PM »

Ok, I know this is an old thread, so, sorry for digging it back up as a first post, but, just wanted to say, I walked into my local HD dealership to say hi to them (had been corresponding with them while away (I'm in the Army and deployed, but currently home on leave)) and while there, saw a Maple CVO Softail. I love retro. The only thing that kept me from buying it on the spot was the seat. It's gorgeous, but, with the pillion seat off, it hit me right in the rear in such a way, that after about 10 minutes of sitting, it was getting a bit uncomfortable. With the pillion on, it was better, but still noticeable. When I said as much, they threw down with "Well, what if we bought you a Mustang seat to go with it?" I replied with "Take X amount off the sticker, and we have a deal". They did, and we did.

I'm 6'2", 34" inseam. I had originally planned on buying a Road King, partly because of my size and partly because I had a Goldwing and love touring bikes. I sat on a '14 King and the CVO back and forth a while, comparing bars, seats, leg placement, etc.

I admit, the CVO is a little more cramped, but not by a lot. I'm having them put on a brake extension and shifter extension as well as highway pegs (that match the pegs already on it). I feel that maybe with the floor board extension and the new seat I should be good to go. The bars that are on it are great already. At most, maybe change the risers, if even that.

If I end up hating the Mustang seat (I really did like the way the CVO stock seat looked, just not the way it felt), I'm thinking maybe a quick job at Mean City Cycles should do the trick with the stock seat.

Over all, my impression, SO FAR, is that there wasn't a HUGE difference between the two in general. I know there is a lot more to it than that (differing suspension setups, etc). I've read enough where enough tall people were very happy with the Softail D's with just a couple slight mod's. As for the CVO, I'll admit, the paint isn't for everyone, but, for people like me, those that like it, love it ;)  And yeah, it looks a TON better in person than it does on the web site. I've noticed that with just about every bike this year - Have not been impressed with any of the stock photo's compared to the actual thing. I think HD needs to get new photographers ;)

I'll post a picture later ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:01:59 PM by swany6mm »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 10:55:11 PM »

congrats on the new ride.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 08:03:28 AM »

My bike is setup for 2 up riding as my wife rides with me most of the time. I went with a sundowner seat and like it a lot. I have used the sundowner on most of my bikes. With your size I would think you would be better with a Streetglide or roadking. Just my thoughts. Just look at my pics in this post
                     older Guy
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 21 queries.