Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Limited

Another question about the new engine.

(1/3) > >>

Ironhorse:
If I understand correctly, the engine is a 110 with an option (standard on the CVO) for water cooled exhaust valves. Does this mean that if the bike experiences total leakage while on the road, it can still be ridden using only air to cool it? It's a 110 right? The only thing that gets cooled by water is the exhaust valves right? There are thousands of 110s that are only air cooled right? I'm not saying to continue riding the Rockies, but safely make it to a dealer. I imagine the water pump might fry without coolant passing through it, but would the engine be okay?

Just curious that's all.

GregKhougaz:
Motorcycle Philosophy 101.  Good question.  I would expect this question to be answered in the owners manual. What does it say if a red light comes on for over heating?

dogilo:
the air cooled 110's have an oil cooler. Water cooled do not.

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: dogilo on September 01, 2013, 09:29:53 PM ---the air cooled 110's have an oil cooler. Water cooled do not.

--- End quote ---

Good point. But what if it's a cool day, temps in the 50-60s or below?

North Georgia Hawg:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on September 01, 2013, 09:47:19 PM ---Good point. But what if it's a cool day, temps in the 50-60s or below?

--- End quote ---

It would probably be OK for awhile.

But it won't stop working at 50-60 degrees... It will wait to break until it's 95 outside, and you're in traffic on the freeway!

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version