Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: 2014 103 WaterHead  (Read 19932 times)

Hilly13

Re: 2014 103 WaterHead
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 07:50:45 PM »

Yep! You know about that now.

They can have it, there is more to that comment though.......

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 08:42:54 PM »

Lame numbers for anything that was hyped to be a major improvement to stock H-D's.

Actually, the improvement was pretty substantial. I have dynoed a ton of bone stock 103s in the last three years.
Very seldom do they break 70 HP on my dyno. 66-69 is the norm. The first pull on this 2014 was 77 HP.
I dropped the AC and seen 81HP and 94TQ with an AFR of almost 15-1. I think we will see well over 100 HP with bolt in
cams very easily. I have a used pair of Woods 777s laying around, going to try them first. I'm excited about it, something new to tweak on!

Steve
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:07:13 AM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 11:05:21 PM »

Dyno Pulls of ALL Stock with sample for AFR from exit of exhaust port.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 11:05:46 PM »

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 08:31:03 AM »

was that all run in 6th gear Steve (Cole)?  That looks to be a nice improvement over the previous bone stock stock cammed bike. 

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 08:44:08 AM »

Sampling AFR from behind the cat was skewing the numbers as you suggested. Must be time to remove the cat.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »

Sampling AFR from behind the cat was skewing the numbers as you suggested. Must be time to remove the cat.

Steve

I HATE CATS!!!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 11:16:49 AM »

was that all run in 6th gear Steve (Cole)?  That looks to be a nice improvement over the previous bone stock stock cammed bike. 

I do ALL our testing in 5th gear on 6 speed bikes. All are SAE corrected and I do many runs just to make sure that we see everything there is to see. I ran the first bike the exact same way, while it was lower on power and torque this was the reason I want to make sure that we got enough miles on our in house test bike to make sure that was not going to be an issue. Makes you wonder if the bikes need break in miles or are they going to be spread around that much in power numbers? Air Cleaner and Cycle Shack slip-ons going on next to see what the system does with that, then tuning goes in to get those results. After that it will be New Exhaust and tuning again followed by camshaft changes and tuning for those. While all this takes time it's the only way to really know whats going on.

Proper sampling and repeatability is everything when this type testing is being done. We need to be able to back-up and get the same results we got the last time or it's all for not.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:18:22 AM by Steve Cole »

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2013, 03:15:16 PM »

Limited 2014 MY update has been released for all of you that have been waiting. This release allows for testing and programming of 2014 model year EXCEPT Touring models. I do not have the base calibrations completed for the Touring bikes yet so that will be released as soon as I have a few base calibrations for both the air cooled and water cooled engines.

So if you have a 2014 Softail, Dyna, V-rod or Sportster your now good to go. Also, on a side note HD changed the wiring of the diagnostic connector on the 2014 Touring bikes ONLY. ALL other models remained the same as before. This requires a new cable set and they are now in stock and can be ordered from our dealers.

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »

WaterHog...........
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 11:30:04 AM »

Here's my new 2014 "Water Pumper".  Got 20 dyno pulls in and I'm just going to say it, Mines faster than Coles.
Should be obvious, Its red! I also have paper with numbers on it that proves it will haul more ass than his.
Its also the leanest stock Harley motor I have ever seen at 14.5 AFR on the full throttle pulls and 15.0 AFR at idle.
Tuning even a stocker is going to show gains for sure.
First ride impressions:
I'm all in with the radiators! Rode it for a 100 miles in shorts on a 95 degree morning. More power and Less rider heat for sure.
The new forks are way smoother and make the back shocks seem even worse than before. The front end glides over everything and the back kicks you.
Feels more stable at speed in the sweepers too. I thought I was going to hate the integrated braking, I love it. You can panic stomp the pedal at 80 MPH
and it will smoothly bring you to a halt. Grab some front brake as well and you are seriously stopping. The new air vent does add smoothness.
The new 6.5 screen is the awesome! I was blue toothing Pandora radio from the phone in my pocket and switching stations from the thumb controls.
Hands down best Touring Harley ever produced.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

Dear Steve:

I am very happy to see your enthusiasm for the new engines!  I have decided to go with the 110 Sleeper setup.  I can't wait to get my order in.  Waiting on a refund from the dealer which should fund this endeavor nicely! 

I also pass along that the technicians at my HD dealer are familiar your system and it comes highly recommended.  The lead tech told me there would be no warranty issues even if I did the work myself.  Tho' I am going to have the shop do it anyway.  They can get it done a heck of a lot faster than I can and it doesn't hurt to build some good will.  I like having work done by professionals anyway.  And until they start coming into my laboratory to test blood, I'll let them take care of the mechanical work on my baby.  ::)  i.e., I can turn a wrench, but a mechanic I'm not.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2013, 08:24:42 PM »

Better name .....wet on the head
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: 2014 103 WaterHead
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »

The sportsters also have the six pin connectors. So a new cable will be needed for them.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »

Yes, the XL line has gone to CAN and now uses a 6 pin connector but HD wired the XL, Dyna, Softail all the same as previous years for CAN. So customers can use what we have out in the field already. On the 2014 Touring ONLY did they decided to change the wiring, so it required a cable change for us. So now we have two different 6 pin cables due to this change. We made the new cable grey at the 6 pin end and our other 6 pin is all black so they are very easy to tell apart.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: 2014 103 WaterHead
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

I wonder why harley changed the wiring for the dlc on touring?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.