Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Floorboards  (Read 1697 times)

PSB

Floorboards
« on: August 17, 2004, 11:56:42 PM »

Hello,
This is my first post on this site (or any site for that matter). I just bought an "02 SE Road King after ridin' ....reworkin'....and ridin' a Superglide for 20+ years. This thing rides nice, starts easy every time and never seems to notice when we're goin uphill. I think I'm gonna like it :)
Two issues have come up so far that others may have encountered and cured. The handlebars are a bit wide, flat and low for my height and the floorboards seem to have been placed for someone with shorter legs than mine. I can buy different handlebars easily enough, but I wonder if there is a kit out there somewhere that will move the floorboards down and forward a little bit. Does anyone know of such a kit or some other solution to the situation.
Thanks for your time and attention and many thanks to the people who take care of this site and those who contribute all that valuable information.
Regards,
PSB

mfgreen

Re: Floorboards
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 08:43:07 AM »

Hello,
This is my first post on this site (or any site for that matter). I just bought an "02 SE Road King after ridin' ....reworkin'....and ridin' a Superglide for 20+ years. This thing rides nice, starts easy every time and never seems to notice when we're goin uphill. I think I'm gonna like it :)
 Two issues have come up so far that others may have encountered and cured. The handlebars are a bit wide, flat and low for my height and the floorboards seem to have been placed for someone with shorter legs than mine. I can buy different handlebars easily enough, but I wonder if there is a kit out there somewhere that will move the floorboards down and forward a little bit. Does anyone know of such a kit or some other solution to the situation.
Thanks for your time and attention and many thanks to the people who take care of this site and those who contribute all that valuable information.
Regards,
PSB
Hey PSB,
Welcome to the site.  
Ya know with that floorboard thing, if you take a look at the brackets that are holding them to the bike,  They have some repositioning holes as I recall.  That may be part of the way to your solution.  I think Bub or Bubba has some solution for the longer legged rider and floorboard problem.   You might want to look at the forward controls that you have and reposition them a tad to get a more comfortable foot position on each side.....lots of the big guys get a different brake arm (longer and lower to the board)  and on the shifter they eliminate the heel part of the shifter.  These recommendations seem to bring the comfort level and personal safety level up to par for their riding styles.
Mike

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 08:03:46 PM »

I transitioned from a SuperGlide to the R.K. at first with the floorboards the R.K. felt like a big vespa. New bars and hi-way pegs could give it a different feel for you. Don't know about floorboards, they most likely are in the lowest hole already. would not be surprised if Kuryakyn or Drag Specialties would have an aftermarket solution. Good luck.

Jerry

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 07:22:33 AM »

Kuryakyn makes a spacer kit that moves the boards out from the bike 3/4"

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=Harley&ci=2529
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.