Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Tank emblems on CUSE 7  (Read 15102 times)

the jacobite

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
Tank emblems on CUSE 7
« on: September 08, 2013, 07:02:22 AM »

Has anybody had an issue with there emblems coming away from the tank, my bike  a 2012 cuse7 is only 13weeks old but the replacement emblem was half off by the time the dealer dropped it off at my house. When I spoke to the tech who fitted it he told me he had used a silicone sealer, because out the box the new one would not stay secured to the tank. 

Nickp2012

• CVO1: 2012 Ultra Classic - Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Gilde Ultra
Re: Tank emblems on CUSE 7
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »

Yes I have had the one on the left replaced and a week later it all but fell off. So I awaiting for them to get a new one in and try it again. I have a freind with the same year bike and he is on his third but this one seems to be holding.

hutch4

• IL

• CVO1: 2014 Limited CVO
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »

I had the right side one come loose. The tech the dealership put the new one on further ahead to better match the curve of the tank. That was over a year ago and I've not had any problem.

denis

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2114 cvo ultra blue
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 11:53:17 PM »

2012 orange and black cvo yes my rt side emblem came off 2 times last time on my way to sturgis stopped and got some super glue so i could drive home  got to my dealer he said he cant do nothing because the emblem is not falling off i told i put super glue to get home they refused service i called harley to report dealer told them this bike is37000 and still at warrantee still did not hear back from harley so far 2 weeks maybe the super glue will hold better

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:59:06 AM »

Yeah, my right side emblem has a gap but is holding.  The dealer ordered me a replacement nonetheless.  A very common problem.  There was another thread awhile back about this issue when the 2012's had just come on line.
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

the jacobite

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »

Thanks for the replies guy's, the dealer over here has not had this issue before and was not aware of any problem !

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »

I had the one on the right side loosening up.  I took some clear, instant Gorilla Glue and applied it lightly/thinly in a few of the tiny gaps I could see forming.  No problems since.  That was 10,000 miles ago in all kinds of weather: hot, rain, cold and light snow.
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 02:35:13 PM »

Had both the left and right emblems replaced within a month of each other when the bike was less than a year old.  Both were coming loose from the tank.  Now I have another right emblem to be replaced.  The tape is holding to the tank just fine but the emblem itself is coming loose from the tape.  Hope this is covered by ESP because I imagine it will happen again after my factory warranty runs out the end of November.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

HD Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • 110ci of fun

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »

My right one came off twice.  Pointed out to the tech it was positioned wrong and after putting it on so the curve fit the tank better it has not come loose.

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »

Everyone I know except me. I got lucky. I guess mine was one of the last ones built or first I dont know. And I dont ride as much as you guys do. I have like 45 hundred but its been to sturgis, Daytona, Leesburg and the Carolinas by trailer of course. I really have to say so far so good , one of the best Bikes Ive ever owned. I'll do more riding this winter but right now its 90 everyday and pouring rain for the last three month
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »

Everyone I know except me. I got lucky. I guess mine was one of the last ones built or first I dont know. And I dont ride as much as you guys do. I have like 45 hundred but its been to sturgis, Daytona, Leesburg and the Carolinas by trailer of course. I really have to say so far so good , one of the best Bikes Ive ever owned. I'll do more riding this winter but right now its 90 everyday and pouring rain for the last three month
Never thought about it much, but I guess a lot of florida guys avoid the hottest days. thats when I'm lovin life here in the Carolina's. Guess when I'm hateing late January you guys are rolling on.  :nixweiss:

DJA

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »

I had my tank repainted last winter and Gunslinger took the emblems off. The refitted them both with 3M double sided tape but could not get them to stick properly. After 6 weeks of BS, they had to order new emblems from HD for the emblems to be correct and stay on.
DJ

Dirt

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Elc Orange/ Black
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »

The right side one started to come off . A few drops of super glue been fine since .

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »

The right side one started to come off . A few drops of super glue been fine since .

Is the glue applied between the emblem and the backing or directly on the paint? 
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Firewalker

• Firewalker.
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 non-CVO Road King Classic
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »

My right emblem is peeling away from the backing. The backing is still on the tank but the forward edge is lifting. Will superglue it when it lifts a little more. I hate repairing someone else's work.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »

My right emblem is peeling away from the backing. The backing is still on the tank but the forward edge is lifting. Will superglue it when it lifts a little more. I hate repairing someone else's work.

If on warranty like mine, I would let your local H.D. replace it.  The concern I have with super glue is should you decide to remove the emblem for whatever reason, and therefore the glue, acetone (the primary remover) can damage the paint.  Maybe there are some safer ways to remove super glue on metal painted surfaces.

By the way my right emblem costs (billed to Moco by dealership) $83!!!!

the jacobite

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 11:18:38 AM »

Quick update on this, lost my replacement emblem blew off on the motorway on my first run of the year. Harley UK wanted to try replacing the emblems again, but don't know what the dealership said to them but I am now awaiting the arrival of a new tank. Very happy HD customer.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.