Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tank emblems on CUSE 7  (Read 15101 times)

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
Re: Tank emblems on CUSE 7
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »

My right emblem is peeling away from the backing. The backing is still on the tank but the forward edge is lifting. Will superglue it when it lifts a little more. I hate repairing someone else's work.

If on warranty like mine, I would let your local H.D. replace it.  The concern I have with super glue is should you decide to remove the emblem for whatever reason, and therefore the glue, acetone (the primary remover) can damage the paint.  Maybe there are some safer ways to remove super glue on metal painted surfaces.

By the way my right emblem costs (billed to Moco by dealership) $83!!!!
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

the jacobite

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
Re: Tank emblems on CUSE 7
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 11:18:38 AM »

Quick update on this, lost my replacement emblem blew off on the motorway on my first run of the year. Harley UK wanted to try replacing the emblems again, but don't know what the dealership said to them but I am now awaiting the arrival of a new tank. Very happy HD customer.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.