Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Brake Pad Suggestions  (Read 8163 times)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Brake Pad Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 08:24:34 PM »

I have been using the DP pads for over 2 years (about 20,000 miles). I have no squealing, they work well on my polished frt rotors, the std rear rotors as well. No increased wear on anything that I can tell. I do all my own maintenance, Just no problems what so ever. When I originally bought them the dealer cautioned against it, insisted I only use HD replacement pads etc. I started using them for one reason, to keep my wide whites clean, I got tired of the HD pads black dust. I had ceramic on the wifes RA Bird and it cured the dust problem there, so I decided to try them on the bike and they worked. The upside besides the lack of dust was they stopped better and had no squealing, they are cermanic backed which all but eleminates squeals. Just my experience, although I have a couple of friends who have since changed and are very satisfied as well, I am sure there are other brands just as good or better, these are just what I use. One thing for sure, they FAR surpass the Harley Pads, in what I wanted in a pad.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2004, 08:44:59 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated.  I will give them a try.
Darrell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2004, 10:35:49 PM »

DW, that's about as much as one could ask for in a practice based reference.  Nice to hear it from someone who has "been there and done that."  Thanks very much for taking the time to describe what you've seen.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.