Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: A Black Eye for Bikers  (Read 20830 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: A Black Eye for Bikers
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »

It really wouldn't matter what kind of bike they were riding if I felt thoroughly threatened and in fear of my life or the safety of my family, I would drive over top of whatever was in front of me to escape the situation.  Wouldn't matter to me if it was a bunch of crotch rockets, harley davidsons or hoveround scooters.  I can't say what happened as I wasn't there but somebody obviously missed physics class the day they taught what happens when a smaller object gets in the way of a larger object.
Jesus is Lord

HarleyRider2004

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 CVO Deuce
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 04:27:40 AM »

Well I have almost the exact same Range Rover. But mine has 510 HP under the hood.  Without a moment of hesitation I would have run everyone of their asses over if I was in the car with my wife and kids and was attacked like that. 

Those monkeys are not bikers they are nothing more than a bunch of thugs.  Bet half the bikes are stolen, uninsured, or driven by someone not even licensed.  What a bunch of idiots...just watch the videos of what the "idiots" filmed themselves!  Brilliant!!

By the way who's sons do they look like?

SCREAMIN' EAGLE SOFTAIL DEUCE (FXSTDSE2)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »

So far one in jail and I hope many more to come..
Bill

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2013, 08:11:44 AM »

So far one in jail and I hope many more to come..
Me too.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

HarleyRider2004

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 CVO Deuce
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 07:54:59 AM »

Look at this? For anyone wanting to help out this poor guy? WTF :-\ at least most of the comments show what this guy was all about multiple charges and no drivers license.  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619

SCREAMIN' EAGLE SOFTAIL DEUCE (FXSTDSE2)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »

And thanks to Live Leak we get to see all the videos that were prior to wild wild west showdown - before they were pulled from youtube
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »

There is obviously more to this story than we see in the video. At this point it seems the most important
part of the story is what happened BEFORE the video started. Who started this incident????? Also who is
ultimately responsible for what happened??
It looks to me from the video like there was over reaction on both sides of this incident but at this point
we really don't know what caused it.

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Animals like this give the rest a bad rep..........
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »

Animals like this give the rest a bad rep..........

Since the video is public I hope that the bikers who did the follow up attack get charged.

The initial incident was minor, can't say I blame the guy for what followed after they attacked him.
And if you have ever been in the Tri-State area with angry hoard of sport bikers you know why this guy tried to take off.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585

Surprised it doesn't happen more often.
I have seen groups of 50-100 flying down the Garden State Parkway well in excess of the normal traffic speed of 75 mph

Due to my airline job, I've had several layovers in NYC in the last couple of months.  This is not an isolated incident with this group of 'bikers', and have been mentioned in the news on more than one occasion. 
'20 FLHTKSE

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »

Every time I watch this I'm more incensed.  The cops probably couldn't get to these guys because they were clogging up the traffic to create their own 4 lane playground.

tysndys

• Full CVO Member
    • UT

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 (sold)
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »

One science lesson we should all remember, right of weight wins over right of way.
Tires just don't last long enough

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »

HHHHMMMMM, had to to think about this and try to be subjective.  We all know that when we ride there's the occasional butthole that is in a hurry and needs to break into a group.  I've experienced it and I'm sure many of others have too.  Now with that being said, we ride open vehicles.  No cage and all the metal is between our legs.  Right or wrong, I guarantee that without a hundred buddies around that idiot wouldn't have break checked a 3 ton vehicle.  Just stupid.  I ride alone or with a few buds for the most part.  When we encounter idiots in cages that do stupid sh*t we just let em' on by.  If we see them at a stop then we may confront them.  But taking action on a public road with bike vs. car/truck scenario is never going to work and usually never in the bike favor.  Whether the guy in the car did some chit to provoke the actions of the guys on the bikes or not.  When they all joined in it became a mob action and that is where it's a chicken chit act.  Get the guys tags, follow while someone calls the cops.  It doesn't really matter who's at fault, now it's perception.     

+1

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »

And the story gets better, NYPD cops and corrections officers among the riders.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9274018

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned that among the bikers on the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.

Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.

What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.

And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.

An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was present at the time of the confrontation.

The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.

Also Friday night, 38-year-old Reginald Chance of Brooklyn turned himself in to police and is in custody. Detectives believe he used his silver helmet to smash the driver's side window of the victim's SUV. However, his role in the actual assault of the driver is unclear.

Early Saturday, police released photos of another suspect they want to speak to about his possible involvement in the incident.

Earlier Friday, the biker who allegedly opened the SUV's door at one point during the chase was taken into custody.

35-year-old Robert Sims, who grabbed the SUV's door at 5:05 seconds into the YouTube video, surrendered to police in Brooklyn.

Detectives are also looking at about a half dozen other bikers who may have had a role in the assault of the driver. Some have already been interviewed by investigators after being identified by video and photographs that have been coming in. Investigators are interviewing as many motorcyclists as possible to determine their roles before filing charges.

"This is a complex investigation with a lot of people involved," a source said.

Dayana Mejia cried during a press conference in New York City. Mejia says her partner and a biker left paralyzed in the confrontation, 32-year-old Edwin Mieses Jr., is an adoring father to the couple's two children.

"I love him so much it tears me up that anyone could think that Edwin in any way deserves what happened to him," she said.

Mejia says the people who participated in the motorcycle ride are "not thugs."

Gloria Allred, Mieses' attorney, says he was trying to "calm people down" when the SUV hit him on Sunday.

Video shows the SUV surrounded by dozens of helmeted riders. The driver, Alexian Lien, drove through the crowd and struck Mieses.

Investigators have searched the home of another Brooklyn motorcyclist, believed to have been the one who tried to open the driver's side door of the SUV while it was on the Henry Hudson Parkway. No arrests were made.

Also, police want to speak with two bystanders about what happened, and they have released images of the witnesses.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PHOTOS.

Everything started when the Range Rover bumped a biker on the Henry Hudson Parkway. As motorcyclists gathered around Lien's vehicle, he took off, running over Edwin Mieses and sparking the chase and vicious assault that followed.

CLICK HERE TO SEE NEW PHOTOS OF THE SUV

Bikers insist that Lien was the aggressor.

"He drove erratically and bumped the bike on the side," one biker said. "When he bumped that bike on the side, that bike became aggressive because his life was in danger."

Meises' family, which is calling for charges against Lien, is expected to respond to a statement from Lien's wife.

Rosalyn Ng explained why her husband fled the scene and inadvertently drove over Mieses, saying their lives were put in grave danger.

"We were faced with a life-threatening situation, and my husband was forced under the circumstances to take the actions that he did in order to protect the lives of our entire family," Ng said.

She said her family's sympathies went out to Mieses, who broke both legs and suffered spinal injuries that may leave him paralyzed, but said there was no other option than to flee.

"Our fear for our lives was confirmed when the incident ended with the ruthless and brutal attack on my husband, me, and, most importantly, our 2-year-old child," Ng said. "We know in our hearts that we could not have done anything differently, and we believe that anyone faced with this sort of grave danger would have taken the same course of action in order to protect their family."

CLICK HERE for the full text of the statement

The biker involved in the initial accident, Christopher Cruz, is charged with reckless driving and unlawful imprisonment. Prosecutors served notice that they intend to take the case against Cruz to a grand jury, a sign that more serious charges are likely.

A second suspect, Allen Edwards, 42, of Jamaica, Queens, surrendered to police at the 33rd Precinct Tuesday night. It is believed he is the man who punched the rear window of the SUV with his fists at the end of the video.

He was held and questioned overnight Tuesday, and police initially said he would be charged with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and menacing. But the office declined to prosecute at this time, pending further investigation of the entire incident.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:37:06 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »

Before all is said and done Gloria Allred will make it look like the SUV was driven by a motorcycle hating madman with a grudge from a prior incident in his childhood.  She will claim he attacked the group of fun loving sport riders with an urban assault vehicle weighing many times the vehicles he attacked.  She will file both criminal and civil lawsuits and bankrupt the guy with legal fees, after which she will settle out of court for whatever funds his auto and homeowner's policy can come up with.  Along the way she will have multiple press conferences providing her with free air time to promote herself.  The rest of the pack will file suit against the city for the lack of intervention by the (off duty or under cover) police.  The principals in the pack will be awarded a multimillion dollar (out of court) settlement and several movie offers and Hollywood offers as stunt riders. The guy with the broken back will be honored by the city and the AMA, he will be on the cover of "American Rider" in a specially equipped trike for the handicapped.  Lien's wife will divorce him, he will be fired from his job, eventually he will kill himself after succumbing to alcohol and drug abuse.  Sound about right brothers?
OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 11:19:24 AM »

Before all is said and done Gloria Allred will make it look like the SUV was driven by a motorcycle hating madman with a grudge from a prior incident in his childhood.  She will claim he attacked the group of fun loving sport riders with an urban assault vehicle weighing many times the vehicles he attacked.  She will file both criminal and civil lawsuits and bankrupt the guy with legal fees, after which she will settle out of court for whatever funds his auto and homeowner's policy can come up with.  Along the way she will have multiple press conferences providing her with free air time to promote herself.  The rest of the pack will file suit against the city for the lack of intervention by the (off duty or under cover) police.  The principals in the pack will be awarded a multimillion dollar (out of court) settlement and several movie offers and Hollywood offers as stunt riders. The guy with the broken back will be honored by the city and the AMA, he will be on the cover of "American Rider" in a specially equipped trike for the handicapped.  Lien's wife will divorce him, he will be fired from his job, eventually he will kill himself after succumbing to alcohol and drug abuse.  Sound about right brothers?
OWL

You nailed it OWL! Can't believe that attention whore, Allred is getting involved in this. Don't know what to think about the UC officers, that's a tough call. Seems to me they could have attempted to de-fuse the situation without compromising their identity but it all could have been some crazy initiation stunt, who knows?

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »

I have attended charity rides where there are thousands of motorcycles and I have never seen the group(s) using every lane of traffic, holding up other traffic and riding like jackasses. 
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 22 queries.