Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: breakout ape installation  (Read 1260 times)

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
breakout ape installation
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »

I've seen some folks on here that have apes on their breakout.  But, is there anyone on here who has installed the apes theirselves?  I am having one hell of a time trying to locate an appropriate wiring harness extension kit.  I saw a previous post on this topic that led me to Revzilla, but after speaking with Revzilla they told me that the product they had on their website was "mis-marketed" and would not actually fit the breakout.

Another question I have is about the ABS.  A lot of wiring related stuff I see says "won't work with ABS".  Why is that?  It looks like the ABS cable runs from the brake caliper up under the tank.  Is there also a wire that runs from under the tank to the hand controls? 

Also, with respect to the hydraulic clutch line, I read on jp cycle website for a particular clutch line that they said was compatible with the breakout, that the line had to be installed by a certified HD mechanic, or would require the additional purchase of what appeared to be a software of some sort.  Isn't installing the hydraulic clutch line the same as it would be for installing the brake line????  Swap the lines out and bleed the air out of the lines?  Is there more to it than that?

Any insight into doing this job would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jake
Jake

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.